Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Several suggestions on how to keep your accounts alive have already been posted.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Just found/remembered an incident about ADD :

Sam is an ten-year old with an IQ of 135 who gets Cs on his report card, is disruptive in class, and constantly challenges rules and procedures. He has poor handwriting, is fidgety, unorganized, impulsive, has a poor verbal memory but strong visual memory, and talks too loud and too much. He is brilliant on a computer and like to invent things. His behavior is actually perfectly normal for someone who is gifted and has an ENTP temperament (extravert-intuitive-thinking-perceiving). In school he's bored out of his mind. He's also a visual thinker rather than a verbal thinker, which is why he is very good at computers and picking up complex concepts. Because he is an extreme extrovert, he needs to move in order to think and otherwise needs a lot of external stimulation, such as a radio on when he studies. At the same time, he can become too wound-up if overstimulated. He also has allergies to mold, dust and citrus fruits. When his allergies act up he is becomes generally more wound up, impulsive and cranky. A lack of good sleep causes the same problems. Even though he meets the diagnostic criteria of ADD, some would say he is not really ADD. Others would say he is ADD, but that ADD is a broad realm with many positives. It is not clear who is correct.
    Now.. If you're technically speaking in this manner, half of it is correct in my case (not the C's :P I still somehow manage A's ). My area of interest have always been very far (and I mean very far) from the ones of my friends. So, I sometimes did feel the odd one out. There were a few exceptions but very few. They couldn't keep up with my area of interest (though some still try) and I couldn't about theirs. It was like some mutual interest which bonded us. I had progressed too much in my favorite field for them to catch on (Not boasting here, of course).

I come here frequently because people can understand/grasp something quickly what I want to say and even I can learn here, which is rare in real life.

Like.. say that I'm downloading FIFA 10 in java for my cell to work on and here one of my friends think that we can play the PC version of FIFA 10 on cell, if it had enough "memory".. :ermm: Well.. you can see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You may do a little bit of reading on "burnout". After downloading and playing the game for the next 20 hours straight, do another search- this time regarding how people (and entire cultures) have pushed themselves to the point of high-stress, suicide, ulcers, and much more. Just find a balance you can thrive with.
    I know what you're pointing towards. I know it exactly. You can't believe how many students suicide here in my country due to stress caused due to studies, peer pressure etc. According to statistics, my country contributes about 10% of suicides and the southern part contributing the most in the whole world. I know it. Students can't handle it. I'm not like that though.. Nor my parents are like the forceful-high-grade-seeking ones. Just its the matter of short time. Supposedly, its the time, where our whole future depends on. So, I might use the time and do it. I mean these 8 months are very small as compared to my life I've lived upto now and even short in comparison to how much I'm gonna live. So, I might as well do it this time and enjoy my rest of life. :happy:

P.S. : Thanks for the support.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Yep. Drugs took TS from a 1.0 to a 1.1 . They can do the same for you, too.
    They also made me into the cynic I am. Well I guess I can't blame everything on drugs inch:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Set up a lastpass that logs in automatically for every tracker. Bookmark every tracker in a folder. Than you can open that folder weekly and everything will stay where it should be.

/actually helpful/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by megaman2000 View Post

talk less ... talk very less .....

and just fucking ask ... or something like that
    Err.. Thank you.. :unsure: I'd keep that in mind.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Several suggestions on how to keep your accounts alive have already been posted.
    i have read all this thread ,but i cant find a solution..anyway i bleieve that i will find a solution! thanks for your suggestion

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Quote Originally Posted by o__O View Post
    The delusion that you won't be opening a browser for months on end is quite amusing to me as I study for the baddest bar around (only the boards are comparable).
    Sweet, a bar tender! Got a really good margarita recipe you are willing to share?

Good choice on not becoming a carpenter! You don't know how precious a good back is until you've hurt it. Bar tending will still be hard on your legs and feet. Get some good shoes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

Sweet, a bar tender! Got a really good margarita recipe you are willing to share?

Good choice on not becoming a carpenter! You don't know how precious a good back is until you've hurt it. Bar tending will still be hard on your legs and feet. Get some good shoes.
    Or he could sit around in a wheel chair all the time it seems very convenient to do that to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Account and Activity

There's nothing wrong with being a cynic, good sir. Well, other than pissing people off when we are right ALL the time.

Account and Activity

8 months of studying straight......

I think sooner or later you'll open the browser to relax for at least a few minutes lol...

I used to take Dextroamphetamine back when I was in school... Expensive little buggers as I wasn't prescribed...
    It's basically the generic form of adderall, which helps you gain focus and awareness.

I literally didn't eat all day on days I took them, and I was soo focused on a single goal that I wouldn't stop until I was complete.
    When I took tests, I would be right on the ball and wouldn't ever get distracted.
    It almost felt as if I became smarter because I was remembering things I didn't remember (hard to explain)

All in all.... drugs are bad mmmmkkk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information