Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did You Know There's An OpenSource Alternative Client?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Vuze actually has hidden code in it that sends all your data to BREIN. That's how they managed to take down 384 torrent trackers in the last six month. Vuze is dangerous and you're right not to take it on your list.
    Seriously?

Got link?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using ipfilter.dat would require something to update it right? And speaking of which, P2PFire seems to be at the bottom of the list there. Doesn't seem to have been touched in years.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by t00z View Post
    The worst thing about 90% (if not more) of Windows FOSS is that GTK and Java suck shit on Windows machines.
    I agree, so I'm only going to stick to one that uses WinForms, or somehow has a smaller library compiled within.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would think that we'd know if a piece of proprietary torrent software was causing trouble for illeagle activities. I mean, considering the masses that use uTorrent, I'm sure any wrong step will explode with complaints on the internet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GCI View Post
    Seriously?
    No - I think it's rather Polarbear's way of being tired of repeating the same.

But he's right - switch to the classic UI and Vuze is a very good BitTorrent client and nothing else. Meaning no search/entertainment crap.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    You can get the source code and compile the thing without any Vuze code by yourself, they even tell you how to do it.
    Because I'm sure the average windows/mac user is compiling Az from source

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

interesting

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

No - I think it's rather Polarbear's way of being tired of repeating the same.

But he's right - switch to the classic UI and Vuze is a very good BitTorrent client and nothing else. Meaning no search/entertainment crap.
    Regardless of switching to the classic UI, you still have to download all the crap. If they gave users two different clients, one complete Vuze and the Classic UI, then I'd put up the Classic is all and then maybe not considering really what's at stake here!

It's not about installing Vuze then shutting off what you don't need it, it's about not even going there in the first place and just having a bittorrent ONLY client and ones that don't support the corporate pigs too!

And like I said, regardless Vuze is still sleeping with the enemy by having all these options linked into proprietary crap, regardless of turning everything off and using just the classic UI, you're still supporting them, which to me is bad! EVIL! :angry:

The dumbest thing about Vuze is on one side, go out and download your illegal torrents, then on the other side, play with all your illegal warez on the proprietary side. OH what a total crock of crap. If Vuze want's to say hey this is our way of slapping them in the face, well fine, I personally think it's also called sleeping with them when you invite them into your bed, meaning the application. To me that's total BS SOFTWARE for doing that! See because in the software world you don't do something like this in the open-source scene, hack scene, pirate scene or any other type of scene that's about freedom and sharing.

THINK about it for one SEC ok! So you're going to be a warez pirate make your own program, are you really going to have M$ in it and support them? HELL NO! You'll use a Windows box to do your hacking from but you're aren't going to support them in your pirated software! Do you get it now?

Vuze it's crap plain and simple for what they're supporting and any filesharing pirate worth anything knows it too and doesn't even play with something like this!

HERE READ THIS: (Here is a a bit of what I'm going on about!)
    http://www.vuze.com/features/device

Drag and Drop to -----> iPAD

Now go READ this: (Also dig around defectivebydesign.org and check out more).
    http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ipad

So here's our great software pirates Vuze supporting crap like Apple as an example, not to mention M$!

See regardless of what the intentions are, if you are really into this for filesharing and what it's really about then you don't even mention something like the iPad on your website and show any support for it and any other proprietary crap that tries to take away your rights or freedoms.

Proprietary is fine so long as you aren't trying to take control and take away and that is what companies like Apple and M$ do with a lot of their proprietary crap! This is the PROBLEM and why Vuze get's BIG THUMBS down for me.

Vuze are just wannabe pirates supporting the corporate pigs also attacking and stealing from you and throwing you in jail, oh GEE this isn't also related to the RIAA and MPAA? LMAO, what BS! And you telling me you can't see this? WOW talk about being blind to support something like VUZE!

By the way Polarbear, I'm not just posting this directly at you, or attacking you, this is just a general post for everyone, so don't take it personal!

THANKS

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reliable and light ipfilter for uTorrent:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ed2k-ipfilterx/files/

You have to update it, yes. Doing it once a week should suffice. There's even an app that will do it with just a couple of clicks.

And speaking of which, P2PFire seems to be at the bottom of the list there. Doesn't seem to have been touched in years.
    It indeed hasn't been updated for ages, but it outranks PeerGuardian code if your OS can run it. Unlike PG, P2PF blocks connections, and not traffic. Meaning your connection won't be slowed down if you haven't applied the max. half-open TCPIP.SYS patch. Furthermore, it's been coded to use an extremely low amount of resources.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I have to download those files everytime I want to update, or what's this program that does it in a couple of clicks?

And are the lists for P2PF updated frequently?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information