Opinions, criticism, and advice are all appreciated. Especially criticism which is highly amusing.

Me and my boyfriend are in our really young teen years. We have a 5 month long relationship (long time for our age, lol) and are long-distance (Over a 1000 miles). I met him on a cruise (yes, how sweet, whatever lol) and about 5 days into the trip, he told me he loved me. I panicked, and told him I loved him back right on the spot even though I didn't feel the same. I've had relationships before, and I never "loved" anyone before. He never had a girlfriend before and I think he was confusing the infatuation with love. Now, I know I'm in love, which took me a few months of analyzing and clearing my thoughts to realize. He (still says) is still in love with me, and tells me ALL the time, and I believe him now, but I highly doubt in the first 2 weeks of knowing each other, that he fell in love with me. Could it have been true love? We did click instantly and were really REALLY close as a couple on the cruise (aaah, summer romances lol). Or do you think the sun just got to his head?