Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Daybreak, First Day in, Improvement?

That's interesting because in my view it's hard to find any similarity between the Breakfast presenters and the dearly departed from GMTV at all. The Breakfast presenters come across as intelligent and genuine whereas the GMTV mob were as fake and cheesy as their tans and their backdrop!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My facts are right - less people are currently watching the One Show on a Friday than they are Mon-Thurs...and although that might mirror what happened a year ago (although why that is relevant I will never understand - are people's viewing habits really shaped annually?) it was certainly never the case that the Friday One Show always got the lowest ratings...it was very much guest dependent and different days rated differently each week.

Adrian WAS the entertainment on the One Show - and handled hundreRAB of interviews with guest celebrities over his time on the show. To suggest he can't 'do' entertainment is ridiculous - and aside from that - The One Show ISN"T an entertainment show - and nor should it try to be in my opinion. If the BBC wanted an Entertainment show in that slot then they should have reduced The One Show to four days a week with Adrian & Christine and given Chris Evans his own show on a Friday - rather than try and force him into a format which clearly doesn't suit his style or interests.

But of course that would involve the BBC taking a 'risk' - far easier to slot someone into an existing format - whether they fit it or not. And, of course, the BBC will be desperate to try and boost Chris Evans' profile in an attempt to attract more listeners to the Breakfast show on Radio 2 - which has been haemorrhaging listeners since he joined - despite them desperately trying to spin it otherwise...

I'm glad The One Show has retained it's audience - it's a good show - but let's not forget - it was with Adrian & Christine at the helm that this show went from a very lacklustre opening couple of series to the success it is today. They shaped that show - it's style and tone - and the BBC were arrogant enough to think they could bludgeon Adrian into submission about taking a reduced role on the show - with little appreciation of what he had done to shape it's success.

Shame on the BBC for letting two key talents slip through their fingers - ITV must have thought all their Christmasses had come at once to be able to snatch such a well loved and established partnership as the launch presenters of their new breakfast show.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

AHH WOW, THE WINDOWS TINT WHEN SOMEONES PERFORMING! haha

Breakfast doesn't interview 'star guests' till 8.40, Daybreak finishes at 8.30.

Cabinet ministers etc usually are interviewed via videolink from the Westminister studios.

Also having guests like Prince Charles, Barbara Winsdor Alexandra Burke etc didn't exactly help DayBreaks ratings

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It says "ITV1's new breakfast show begins with healthy figures, but still trails to BBC1's Breakfast"

What I meant is that even with the big relaunch and all the hype surrounding the new show and Adrian and Christine being back together on tv, they haven't made any significant improvement on GMTV's ratings even from last week. I know it's early days, but these shows usually get the most viewers at the start.

By comparison, look at The One Show - that was regularly getting between 1m and 2m viewers IIRC, but since Jason and Alex have taken over it's been consistently getting 4m.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just turned on Daybreak and I cannot see any great improvement. Christine and Adrian look a bit uncomfortable and Christine's smile looks forced

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, but the emphasis now will be to build on that figure by making the necessary improvements. There is an awful lot of talk describing Daybreak as being a disaster and it's not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its likely that the number of main presenters will expand over time, GMTV evolved into what it became

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the basic idea of a window on a view was a good one, but somehow ITV forgot that some of the time Daybreak would be broadcasting in the dark, so lighting up said view is no bad idea.

Of course how much the view helps the show is up for debate, but it can be something you like about the show, and play a small part in your over all impression of the show.

I liked GMTV - at least it had a bright set and natural presenters...

I really don't see what all the fuss is about with CB - Overrated or what????

I was pleasantly surprised to see Kate Garroway on the sofa the other Day....Although I don't think Dan is quite ready for main presenting yet (I was cringing with the Nigella interview)!!!
    It seems they are letting anyone on the sofa these days, when before it seemed presented had to 'earn their stipes' before getting a shot???

Adrian and Christine just do not work - Its not natural...I LOVED Adrian on The Apprentice Your Fired though...does anyone know who will be presenting that now?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information