Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

I couldnt stand it when he kept saying 'I'm worth millions' whilst sat there in his flash suit. Why cant they just dress how they were dressed during the week and say something like 'I've done very well in business and I'd like to help you out'. Hate it when they get dolled up at the end, it feels very patronising to me . The mega rich guy who went to Glasgow and doled out crazy money didnt do it so why does some tight get whos dishing out 40K feel he has to?

And he was after helping out that young girl in more ways than one methinks...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

Is there a certain amount of money they are allowed to give away, as every week they seem to give roughly the same amount- or is it at their discretion?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

Previous posters have mentioned that people must be on to this; many will have watched the programme. As a result the 'big moment' at the end can seem contrived or a let down.

Whenever they say "I haven't been altogether honest with you" I almost wish they'd say "I'm a serial killer on an outing from a high-security prison. It's part of an experiment to see if we can reintergrate with society"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

I like the one this week, which is nice after last weeks disappointment

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

You didn

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

It was my favourite episode too of this great series (but not a good advert for Blackpool that is for sure) Very emotional journey for Gary - what a lovely big guy he is. I thought his rapport with the the 2 old war veterens was so touching, and the 2 people who run the respite centre in memory of their beautiful daughter are inspirational. All in all a real emotional episode. I suspect it has changed Gary`s life and put everything into perspective for him (as it does with all the millionaires featured)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

I heard this morning that the chap who went to Blackpool went back last week & gave another

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

I can't believe you just said that. not many 'tight gets' i know dish out 40k of their own money to people they don't really know.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Secret Millionaire

I do feel sorry for the millionaires in the remaining episodes of this series and any future series because Nick Leslau is going to be a very hard act to follow. Not only did we all fall in love with Nick, but we also remember the large amount of money he gave away. However we have to remember that Nick is in the multi-millionaire league, as opposed to being just 'a millionaire', so proportionately Nick could afford to give away more money.

The Secret Millionaire

That girl last night who he gave

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information