Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Qi

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

I absolutely love QI, but feel something hasn't been quite right since its move to BBC1. I also agree that last nights show was one of the worst ever, strange, because I like all of the guests and SF but somehow it was just disappointing bordering on cringeworthy. I prefer more emphasis on 'sharing of knowledge' and being 'quite interesting' rather than people trying hard to appear funny (and failing miserably) which seems more prevalent in previous series'. I shall always watch QI, but it seems to have lost its quirkiness somewhere along the line.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

OK a bit late but - re bullets; purely by coincidence if you'd watched the Mythbusters repeat an hour or so before QI on Friday, Jamie and Adam proved that dropped and fired bullets hit the ground simultaneously.

And way back they investigated the danger of a bullet fired into the air. If it goes straight up and falls/tumbles naturally at its terminal velocity it's not lethal. But it's more likely to follow a curved path (a "ballistic trajectory" because of its spin) and is potentially lethal; they cited some known fatalities.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

Watched the xl episode this evening. So funny!

Totally agree with you about David Mitchell... he is my favourite QI guest, he is just so witty. Also thought he looked pretty cute in that blue shirt, but maybe that's just me!

Qi

boring don't watch it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

Maybe the BBC should commission a special compilation programme - QI: Whoops! - where they correct all the facts that they got wrong previously.

"Stephen Fry, minus 250 points."

(And do they owe anybody any points for deducting points for a obvious wrong answer that was actually a right answer? Remember when they deducted points from Dara O'Briain cos they give him points in an earlier programme for a "correct" piece of Quite Interesting knowledge about temperature scales that was slightly wrong. He wasn't have peeved by the pedantic viewer who wrote in to point out his mistake.)

C.O.P (Cow On Parole)

Qi

How does that work then?
    One person expresses one opinion about something subjective, and yet he is 'wrong' just because 'more people' think the opposite?

Ok, I am going to bring in Godwin's Law here () and say that the few people brave enough in Nazi Germay to go against Hitler because they disagreed with Nazi policies were wrong then? Because from what I hear, more German people supported Hitler than opposed him.
    By your logic that made Naziism right for Germany?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

I agree about the lecture last night and there are many more relevant panelists for this kind of show. I notice next week is Jack Dee and whilst I like him (and Rich Hall) as stand-ups they are not suited to this show with their dead-pan delivery. There neeRAB to be a balance and whilst David Mitchell is brilliant there must be a lot of comics (many of whom are Oxford or Cambridge educated) who could add to the program.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

Yes, I know. I was just saying, I like the screen visuals. And actually, there was still a klaxon in the first episode.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

Lee Mack and Bill Bailey are bringing the humour down with their unfunny retarded impressions. Was funny the first time but got old.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Qi

The most commonly used word for the plural of octopus is just octopuses. Although octopodes is also acceptable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information