Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who remembers Murder in Mind?

Who here remembers the fantastic BBC anthology show Murder in Mind that ran between 2001 and 2003 before being suddenly taken off the air. The excellent Anthony Horovitz (definitely spelled that one incorrectly!) helmed it and they had some fantastic actors involved such as Diana Rigg, Steve McFadden, Kevin Whately, Neil Morrissey, Pauline Quirke, Lucy Davis, David Suchet, James McAvoy, Gaynor Faye, Keeley Hawes and Annette Crosbie amongst others.

My favourite episode is the one involving Diana Rigg from the 3rd series where she exacts the ultimate revenge on the man whose childhood bullying drove her young son to suicide. An taut and expertly crafted episode with great performances and some killer twists(it's a real pity we don't see more of Diana Rigg on our screens nowadays). Others that come to mind incude the one where Adam Faith plays against type as a calculating contract killer and Pauline Quirke as a jealous spinster whose obsessive love for her boss turns sour.

Great storylines and a wealth of acting talent, I managed to buy the entire boxset reasonably cheap on Amazon over a year ago and loved it. Was anyone else a fan of this great show?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it's excellent and the three seasons were shown on one of the satellite channels (ITV3?) finishing in 5th June 2010. Apart from one episode called JUSTICE. I wonder why this was excluded, possibly a copyright issue or it offenRAB modern thinking in some way? If it's in your DVD set perhaps you might like to consider this and offer a possible explanation?

One of my favourite episodes was with Nigel Havers, which started with the crime and worked backwarRAB with a series of flashbacks going further and further back until the start of the story (and thus the motive) was revealed. So it wasn't a "whodunnit" (like most dramas), or "how does he prove it" (Columbo) but "why did he do it".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I loved this series. The neighbours ep was always my favourite.
    I also liked the ep where two girls moved into a flat with a suspicious landlord. Where a serial killer was on the lose who kept killing young girls, but in the end it turned out to be the main character's best friend.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They were fantastic eps, Nigel Havers was really effective as a philandering villain I think the Neighbours episode was the highest rated episodes from the entire series surprisingly enough.
    I loved the one where Nicholas Lyndhurst played against type as the tight-fisted landlord attempting to cover up his tenant's death by carbon monoxide poisoning. A far cry from Rodney that's for sure!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree this was a brilliant series! Almost every episode an absolute gem.

I wish they'd commission a new series. This kind of drama is sadly missing from the schedules these days.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yes that was a fantastic episode. Think the police arrested him at the end if I recall correctly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Couldn't agree more, why was it axed???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought you were referring to the excellent episode of the classic Thriller series by Brian Clemens that was called Murder In Mind and starred Richard Johnson

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was there one with Neil Morrisey stalking a children's author? I started watching that on ITV3 a few months ago and missed the end. Anyone know how it turned out? I have a feeling it was heading for some sort of dramatic twist.

IIRC there were a lot of famous actors all playing against their usual type. Wasn't Rob Brydon married to Panhandle from Cracker in one episode, and he murdered his wife's lover by donning a hoodie and pretending to be a mugger? Or am I getting mixed up with something else?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information