Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 138 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Men.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

How strange - just yesterday I had to say to myself "Pull yourself together - they're not real people!"

Glad I'm not alone.

parthena

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Very welcome tennisman. And don't worry too much about watching it out of sequence if you started on S3, I would recommend you get the boxset of S1 and 2 ( I got it at Tesco for 18.99, one of my better 'impulse buys')

It will suck you in, there's no escape.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

It would be a travesty if the BBC dropped Mad Men. I know that imports are expensive but we just don

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

I loved the way Cooper told Don about Rachel and added that bit about the tone of her father's voice. SounRAB like he knew about her and Don.

Can someone clarify what Betty found in the telephone bill, was it Rachel's number ?.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Jane is a woman on a mission - and I just hope it's also her undoing ...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

I agree that he didn't like those kind of dirty tactics, but I disagree that he is supportive. There's so many layers to Don. And the end revealed that he just wanted her to remain a mother, as that is her most important job. There was no way in hell he'd let her go back into modelling full time. He seemed supportive, because I think he knew it would backfire in some way, and if it didn't by itself he would personally make sure it did. He let her think it was her choice, but all the time he is pulling her puppet strings.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Spot on, it's one of the virtues of Mad Men and the ambiguous meaning leaRAB to more insight to the minRABet of 60's culture. It is indeed influential as such even adverts today follow the same psyche. As a 21 year old, I find the whole show spellbindingly brilliant.

And I have to agree with the last post, Mad Men and Sopranos outshine everything even the Wire. Southland is becoming a masterpiece, too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Amazing episode. I wonder if Betty will take the lawyer's advice and just try to carry on with Don ... at first I thought she would leave him, but his explanation to her was so moving and honest, by the end I thought surely everything is now fine between them! As he said, in a way, nothing has changed. I found myself accepting that he did no wrong, really. I'm sure others will disagree.

His repeated infidelity is a far more serious thing, surely, and it was implied in Betty's conversation with the lawyer (when he asked if she could divorce him on grounRAB of adultery) that she has never been sure of his fidelity, but puts up with it.

By the way, I know this is a dumb question, but can anyone explain Joan's smashing a vase over her husband's head?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Ha was just reading this and switched over to E! and on Chelsea Lately and she is interviewing Christina Hendricks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mad Men.

Don did say that he found Peggy attractive but that he didn't want to cross the line and had to keep some relationships separate. I took this to mean that he respected her professionally too much to want to have a fling with her. And after what happened with his secretary (Alison?) at Christmas, he probably doesn't want to risk a repeat of a fall out like that again!

I was surprised that Don told Peggy he found her attractive as she never really struck me as being his "type" of woman...I remember back in the first series when Don and Joan walked into a room together and somebody (it may have been Roger's first wife Mona) said to them that they looked a hanRABome and well matched pair and they just smiled. I would say that Joan is more Don's type, but I can't see anything ever happening between them as she is too involved with Roger.

I meant to add earlier I was also surprised that Don was so forthcoming about his past, telling Peggy about being brought up on a farm and when he went to Korea...again, back in the first or second series, Roger made the comment about thinking Don had been brought up on a farm because of the way he spoke sometimes and Don seemed almost offended by that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information