Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Ohio_Voter

I'm voting NO to the Big-Three/UAW bailout tomorrow by purchasing a brand new...

...Honda Civic...am I wrong? The vehicle was manufactured in an Ohio plant...a NON-UAW plant!

My 3 previous cars have all been made by GM or Chrysler.

The bailout frenzy and the fact that the Honda was made in the USA will have me purchasing my first "non Big Three/ non UAW" automobile.

I feel good about the purchase.

Do you support my "vote"?

flatfootfred
    No buy a Toyota....they're better.

McCain drives me Insane
    When America had larger Unions we had a strong middle class. Wall st and Main street both prospered. We were the richest country in the world. Some how we forgot that we need to make things in our country. Some how we forgot that we need to pay our workers well. For some reason in the 80's Reagan declared war on the middle class, Freeing up Wall street to send our jobs over seas and our factories across the boraders. Yet for some reason we blame the workers. While I agree with you that you are buying an American made car. I think blaming the unions is blaming the wrong people. What we need is an effective government.

Need to Know
    The money still goes overseas that's the bottom line.

InsideR
    That's your decision, and I respect it.

Green Eyed Gila ver2.0
    NO you are not wrong, it won't change a thing because the Congress elite do not give a crap about us average working joes.

And really what defines an American made car ?

One manufactured here for toyota/honda/hyundai of foreign parts or one manufactured in Mexico of American Parts for Ford/GM/CHEVY?

cordeliabrainiac
    I recently bought a Pontiac Vibe, made in Japan and assembled in California so just how American is my car?

my65swede
    I love the German cars...I am on #11 or #12, I own 2 now-'08 Rabbit and an '89 Golf.

...as far as not buying American made Crap...I agree. When they start making cars people want...I might think about it.

E=MC2
    You are not making a mistake and you are not a traitor.

Honestly the FREE MARKET is what should be putting cash into the US auto industry.

Now that the government is bailing them out, the executives have no incentive to do anything differently than they have been doing.

The execs. will get their big bonuses as usual thanks to political posturing...

apriled02
    you are wrong and not hurting the people who need hurt just the workers and thier families! sad very sad! buy american............it is where you live.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information