Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LoveFilm are getting on my t*ts

Etccarmageddon summed it up.

Ignoring all other delays, LF are deliberately despatching disks at a slower pace for volume users.

They are, through their policies, LIMITING, a supposedly UNLIMITED, service.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

3 working days have passed now since i sent dvRAB back and they still havent sent me any new dvd's, which is just ridiculous as I've got over 60 titles in my selection.

It can't be the royal mail, as i already have one with blockbuster too, and they've sent me titles.

The turn around is appalling with lovefilm now, anyone got other suggestions, not blockbuster obv, and not screenselect either, had trouble with them in the past.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lovefilm are in the middle of merging with Screenselect (http://www.uk-dvd-rental-guide.com/blog/) - wonder if this is having any affect on their service...
    Also curious to see what the combined service is going to do - will the games rental still be at the cheaper Screenselect tariRAB or Lovefilms and will they throttle DVD rentals like Lovefilm do now with their 'fair use' policy??
    Any thoughts?
    Think it might be time for a change...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well. The things you have to do to get a fair deal from LoveFilm.

They callled and emailed to refund my subscription (March 2007), so if you are having trouble, I suggest you just keep calling until you get satisfaction.

In this day and age, the Bad Will they cause CANNOT be in their best interests.

( Satisfied customers tell 4 frienRAB on average, dissatisfied customers tell 7 )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

wny not phone the number to grass them up, and claim your reward :-)

and also what proof would you have that you DID cancell? and would you then get the hard sell 20min call trying to make you stay.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited does not imply you can have thousanRAB at once as each package has a disc at a time limit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. I tried LoveFilm until they started throttling, and was happy moving to ScreenSelect. Now, like a bad dream, I've been dragged back to LoveFilm, with their slow website, slow disc mailouts, and bad service.

With LoveFilm you HateFilm.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

For all those who aren't happy with the service you're getting/have had from Lovefilm, here's an idea:

Why don't you all stop bitching, cancel your accounts, sign up wih someone else, and shut up once and for all?

This discussion started off as just that. A discussion. Now it has turned into a childish, nit picking narration of a few peoples (by the sounRAB of it sad) lives.

I don't know about you, but I have more in my life to worry about than doing the maths behind how many DVD's I get for my money each month, wether I could squeeze another few out of my subscription, wether there's some great 'capping' conspiracy, trying to work out their delivery/reciept schedule, if staff should put their nicknames on the shipping envelopes, should I put one or 2 DVD's in each envelope, wether I can 'tell on them' for sending out a 'Not For Rental' disc, putting dummy choices on my list to see if there's a pattern to the system that they're using to disptach the discs, trying to compete to see if I can send/recieve the snottiest email and catch the company out with clever word play etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on and on.

I wish I had the time to watch 3 DVD's a day and send them back that same day, then sit by the front door waiting, salivating, hungry for my next batch to drop onto the mat, only taking a break to check if they've been logged as recieved on their site, and starting a stopwatch to time the next lot.

If Lovefilm was my company (which is one of the things I've been accused of on this thread ) personally I'd be glad to lose your custom. It would make my day.

I'm suprised they haven't just cancelled more of your subscriptions.

You are bullies. You're not consumers who want good service any more. You've crossed that line. You're taunting the company trying to get a reaction.

Go to Blockbuster, Screenselect, or whichever company gets your juices flowing this week, but please, leave Lovefilm. You'll be happier, it'll speed up the service for anyone else who isn't happy!

Surely, if you sign up to a service where you give them a list of X number of you discs you want to watch they are all films that you want to see, not maybe in that exact order, but you want to see them never the less, so stop moaning!

If you want to hand pick your first choice DVRAB yourself everytime you want to watch one then go to the local store, or buy them. A by-mail service is probably not for you so you'll never be happy.

Now, go the website, cancel your subscription, and get on with your lives.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think Lovefilm get carried away when it comes to throttling.

They make is so blatantly obvious they are holding back.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's still much better than I'm getting with LoveFilm these days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information