It seems the application of subjects such as economics and psychology is an art and not a science. I understand that the knowledge is acquired via the scientific method, thus they are sciences. Science is simply the refinement of everyday thinking. However, applying economic theory is an art. Applying methods of counseling is also an art. Both arts deal with interpretation. As we know, anything can be interpreted in any way pretty much. We can accept some basic facts; supply and demand determine price, the goal of a human being is to self actualize. Surely, any fair minded person would accept these as facts. But the problem, however, is that the other theories are not all clear cut and scientific. Do consumers really try to maximize utility subject to a budget constraint? How does giving money to a homeless man affect this fact? Does it reject, or confer it? As an art, either answer is defensible. And, if we argue correctly, both can stand firm because they are not contraries (lol,. I think I got into some analytics here).

This was a ramble, but feel free to just respond to my question or if you want comment on my thoughts that is fine. These are my opinions. I am still in college (only have 60 credits) going for at least 72 more, so my view are not clearly defined yet. The goal of education is to make an empty mind an open mind. Or so the book said.