what can I do? I've had this problem for a long time, and I can never seem to be consistent with my exercise routine for this reason... It seems that every time I begin to exercise regularly (1 daily hour of 'serious' exercise - i.e. running/jogging/etc, not just walking or whatever) I start sleeping A LOT. I do not mean sleeping maybe half or an entire extra hour a day, I mean like beginning to feel lethargic the next day after exercising and falling asleep at 6PM that day only to wake up at 6AM the next morning. That is 12 hours compared to my normal 7-8 hours when I'm not really exercising much (and I can put up with a lot less sleep if I am not exercising much too REGARDLESS of my energy inake).

It is very frustrating to consistently attempt to be fit like this when my body just seems to work against me - as I said this doesn't happen with light cardio (I can walk and walk and walk for the entire day) but it does for more semi-strenuous work-outs. Still, 1 hour is not a lot.

Exercise seems to increase hunger for a lot of people. This is not the case for me***, I just start need a lot more sleep and this gives a lot of added stress to me because A) not only do I struggle to fit in exercise with my school classes + extracurricular activities (I have a heavy schedule), but B) more sleep hours mean less time to get things done (!!!) (see A).

***although I say my appetite remains the same, I've actually always had a pretty much nonexistent appetite (I honestly never feel hungry - I think it's because I'm fat/above my "natural set point weight" and thus my body's telling me it doesn't really need external energy sources). However, I eat more or less normally because I like food. I get anywhere between 1200-1800 kcal a day, so it's not like lack of food or anemia is a problem to me (and I always get enough protein too).

Is this normal? Will I always have to put up with this? Please do not tell me to "just exercise less." Less than one hour of exercise a day? Jeez.