Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlocked Cell Phone / Locked Cell Phone?

My cell phone died and I need a new one. So I was thinking of buying one from www.Amazon.com and I am not exactly sure of the exact criteria I need. My current cell phone service is through AT&T. I don't want to change service providers just my phone. Just curious can't I just take my SIM card out of my current phone and install it into my new phone I buy. I know if I buy it online it won't be discounted because of the contract commitment. I don't mind paying retail price for a phone. I just need to know like what criteria or suggestions I need to make a cell phone purchase. So if you can explain the unlocked vs. Locked phone be greatly appreciated. If you have any other information I need to know before when considering of buying a phone please let me know. Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Locked phones are specific to single carrier. They can be accessed with SIM cards only from that specific network. It won't accept any other SIM card to it. Unlocked phones are devices which are free from network restriction. They can be accessed with any GSM SIM cards from any network. So if you want to use your AT&T SIM card you can either buy an AT&T network locked mobile phone or any unlocked mobile phone. If you like a mobile phone which is locked to any other network, You can buy it, unlock it and use with AT&T SIM card. You can unlock a mobile phone safer and easier using unlock code. You can get the unlock code for a mobile phone from onlinegsmunlock.com at affordable cost with easy unlocking guide. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information