...to get together? Well, I'm considering writing a 'prequel' if you will to a novel that I am currently in the process of writing. I am thinking of making it a romance; it is a struggle to overcome Racial prejudice from once friends and a racist stepfather's control over his daughter's life as he pressures her not to date her black lover. She drifts from many of her friends as her life is knocked loose by her crushes loose grasp on reality as he struggles with drugs and drinks, and she begins to pressure him to stop his unhealthy habits (as she starts a few that could be considered unhealthy of her own).

Her stepfather eventually comes to the point of renouncing her and her mother; divorcing her mother and breaking a promise to the girls real father - Who's death was the spur towards the outright racial prejudice that the stepfather holds so violently, having felt his 'suspicions' were confirmed long before.

I want it to be 'ideal' and sugar coated in the favorable perspectives of the couple as the book progresses, and only near the end, will I pretty much yank the big sheets off the bed to show that the romanticism has worn off as the boyfriend ventures back to his old ways (and begins cheating, unbeknown to the girl), and the girlfriend becomes needy from him, and rude to the friends new and old that she has, but she regains some support from her stepfather when he comes to the realization that it was mostly his fault, but he decides to support her regardless, even if her mother won't take him back.

There will be a few parts in the book where she and him go on 'break' and she tries to make him jealous by dating other guys, and eventually dates a kind hearted fellow who she dumps as soon as the going with them together looks good.

The boy and girl begin to drift apart, and the boy begins playing her for sex and cheating with multiple girls, while she remains ignorant to his return to old ways. In the end; he stays with her because of her good looks, and she sees something in him that isn't there.

I basically want it to be a look at 'realism'

I'm thinking of calling it "The Ballad of Dan White and Laine Stevenson"

The morals would pretty much be ideal teen relationships are a lie, your father's an ass because he thinks he is protecting you, and enjoy those who genuinely care about you.