My wife and I have been separated for nearly a month. We do not have any formal documents pertaining to separation, divorce, or custody. I removed her from my home because she has repeatedly cheated on me, even bringing home an (albeit cureable) STD. I am not a batterer. We have have some very heated arguments before, but nothing that could be considered violent. Many years ago I whacked her with a hair brush, and roughly two years ago I got angry and pushed her. I was disgusted with myself because she was pregnant at the time. She did not fall to the floor though, and was not injured. She fell onto her butt into a chair in our shower. She has cheated on me at least 15 times since we had been together. I was deluding myself into thinking that love could overcome all. I was making mistakes in the marriage of course, like being lazy, I wasn't paying enough attention to our son, but was never abusive. I work full time, and care very much about my responsibilities. Anyway, she has taken off with my son to California, against my express wishes, without my knowledge. She had to have been planning it for awhile. Her parents paid for the whole trip. In the (nearly) month that she had been gone, she made no attempt to get a car, a full-time job, or a home. Our son was staying at my Brother and Sister-in-Law's home to facilitate visitation for both of us during our seperation and subsequent divorce. The arrangememt was such that my Sister-in-Law would have our son overnight (because his mother didn't really have a home and I work overnight shift) then she would take him to the daycare at her work until I had had my sleep for the day. I would then pick him up and spend until early evening with him, then bring him back to my family's home so that his mother could spend the time she said she was available to with him. I would then go back and spend the remaining time with him before going to work. I thought it was working fine for the time being until we could get relatively sta