Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

Could you add "couldn't care less" to the options? "God" does not need to be there - but as long as it's recitation isn't forced, can we please find something more serious to focus on?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

I've not really seen any reasonable moral debates in the gay rights forum, mostly its just religion, assuming gays, regardless if they marry or not, will have sex with lots of people or that it makes marraige less worth it to those already married. If you can think of a proper one (don't mean to make strawmen, just there hasn't been any moral reasons to deny same sex marriage - to deny government involvedment in all marriage fair enough, but not to pick and chose which types).

Poligamy just really doesn't work within the existing marriage laws - if you applied the existing government benefits to polygamy they just really get confusing as its mainly about inheritance, earnings and leagal representation. Soon as you add more than one person then you have to establish a heirachy legally as well anyway.

Live sacrefices is more to do with animal cruelty than any beleif that it will make God angry, same as shouting fire in a cinema or a verbal contract to have someone killed is a imposing on free speach

ROTFLMAO

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

May I add?

The option of "under batman, under the Kool-aid man, under Joe Depeche, under Allah, under Jesus, under whoever the hell you want, I don't care."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your last two paragraphs answer my last two questions. These issues are not religion based.

The phrase wasn't in the original pledge, so it should be removed simply for that fact.

If it had been in the pledge, the it shouldn't be removed.

But kiRAB shouldn't be forced to pledge allegiance to anything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't even think patriotism is involved, at least it is not for me.........I just think it is reaffirming your allegiance and commitment to this country..........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What six-year old kid actually understanRAB the ramification of such a commitment? Especially with god attached? It's indoctrination, brainwashing, whatever word one cares to use for enforced learning not related to education.

And I think you have it a little mixed up, this country is the people.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if you are agreeing or not...but hey!

I think those two particular issues are more pragmatic/legalistic issues rather than moral - saying that polygamy treats woman as lesser citizens might be more moral. Pointing out that regardless of your views on its rightness or wrongness, applying marraige to them simple won't just work seems a little more neutral

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like to follow a mostly-forgotten rule called the golden rule: "do to others what you would want them to do to you". Don't confuse this with "he hit me first so I hit him". I don't lie because I wouldn't like being lied to, I don't kill because I kind of like this life. There really is no one right thing so I'm just doing what I think the right thing is. I don't know for sure I'm right but at least I make the decision myself whereas others choose to get it out of a book.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information