Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

although I am an atheist, I don't really care, nor am I offended by the worRAB. Just don't ask me to say it! Don't ask me to teach it to my kiRAB!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

Nicely said zachvac.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't buy my own citation, so I don't think I can do that. 30% secular outlook doesn't mean ****. I have a secular outlook but I believe in something upstairs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This dead horse is becoming rancid.

Separation of church and state does not mean separation of God and state.

The liberals, communists and atheists of this country seem to be hung up on anything that has any kind of religious attachment. This country was FOUNDED on freedom of religion and its citizens are protected by the Constitution from having imposed religions and from being denied freedom of religion. It is not founded on nor should it be directed by the atheistic belief that there is no god.

Screw the atheists and their dead horses!

I don't say my idea is better, but it is my choice. People basing their decisions on the bible said "those who don't believe in God will wish they had". I said that I would rather decide for myself. I never said it was better, but it is my preference and it is also my preference that people don't force their "something" on me and I don't think I have forced my "something" on anyone else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't mind it being there. I always just say "under the goRAB" anyway, and I say that others should edit it as appropriate to their own beliefs.

But the poll is too limited to get an accurate survey.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think it has anything to do with church attendance........Its how many people believe in a divine being a God..............

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I personally believe that a lot of atheists and non believers of God make a miraculous conversion when they are on their deathbed.........

As I said I am for separation of church and state but the left in this country want God thrown out of everything........They are only happy if this becomes a Godless country........Since the majority of people in this country are believers in God that must and will not happen..........

When I say God Bless America it is just not worRAB to me..........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

However shouldn't that mean that government should stay out of any relgious debate. Fair enough it shouldn't legislate based of atheist ideas, but it shouldn't be legislating from the point of view of a religious one. There are plenty of relgions that don't beleive in God - so seperation of church and state does mean God and state if you really want to believe in freedom of religion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]This is my first reply, hopefully I get it right. And so far im not to sure. My font size appears to be about 3 inches long no matter how much i decrease it in size, lol.

The Pledge has been around since 1892, or there abouts. "Under God" was not added in until the 1950's or so. It survived just fine prior to being inserted during the first 50 years of its existance, if taken out it'll survive just fine again. And kiRAB will still continue to say it every morning, 5 days a week, all school year long with the same eageness that they have always shown.

Why do Christians feel that they must have the word God attached to and or plastered all over everything?
    Don't you have enough faith in your God and your religion that they can stand on their own without having to make everyone else succomb to your wishes?
    Is it because most of these Christian right wing political hungry whackos feel that now since we are actually the majority that we are under some sort of obligation to make others bend to our wishes?

God has not always been in the Pledge. God has not always been stamped on US currency. And God definately never had to be forced onto anyone that didnt want it.

Todays Christians need to get over themselves.
    No one, and not even the left, want to take away our God.
    Tough cookies, not everyone believes as we do. Not everyone will and theres nothing you can do about it. We can't force everyone to do what we want just because we outnumber the rest. Why must we insist that if we want to do something then those who disagree should just shutup and allow us to do it our way? Imagine what kind of reaction you'd all have is some school principle who happens to be a Moslem decides one day that he is going to make every child pary to his God Allah. I highly doubt that most of you are going to like the idea that your children will now have to say prayers to a God that you don't believe in. But, we expect others to accept ours?

Anyhoo's, as a Christian Conservative i'm getting sick and tired of hearing todays Christians whining about how they are so persecuted for their beliefs. Wah wah wah. I had always thought that it was supposed to be the democrats that were the whiners, but I guess I was mistaken.
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information