Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

I love you too "Little Man."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

No matter how hard you libs try you will never get God out of government in this country.........I too believe there should always be a separation between church and state but this country was founded under the principles layed down by God in the 10 commandments........

A lot of Americans believe that left in their desires to take God out of everything is what is ruining this country.............

50 years ago it would have been unheard to consider marriage between gays and please don't bring up the African American comparison because it just does not wash.................

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always leave that part out when I find myself in a situation where the pledge has to be said. You see it doesn't represent my views... however for the life of me I can't understand what kind of person would push the issue. I think both sides are nut cases concerning this.

Don't the people who push for deleting it have somthing better to do with their time.

And don't those wasting time defending it have better things to do also?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I voted yes.

One view i've gotten on this is that it should stay in because "god" can mean anything to anyone, and that it could just be a reflection of any kind of spirituality, even coming from within.

I find that last part particularly interesting when you consider that religion is a human creation that does indeed come from within.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are you, then? Big Woman?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not just the people who have a different G-d, it's also for non-religious people. 1/3 of all people in America do not follow any type of religion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Right back at you voice of flip flopping John Kerry and traitorous coward Jane Fonda.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I think your phraseology of

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the wording of the pledge pray tell? Indulge me, I'm not american

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't care if 99% percent of the people believe in the Christian God, the government cannot make an endorsement of religion or any God. Say the pledge with "under God" on your own time when you say your prayers, not in a government-sponsored pledge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information