Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

Hey we like Brits. They're some of the few Europeans with the balls to back their allies every time. :xkill: :xhoho:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

It is looking that way from the poll: I do not accept your claim it was unquestionably so though, for I questioned it

It was bought about in part because it irritates me when the likes of VoR use the confusing American date notation of mm/dd/yy (eg 9/11/01), rather than writing the month to make it clearer what he actually meant. "9/11" is an oddity as even we non Americans know that it means 11th September, not 9th November, but other dates are far more ambiguous.

I had hoped it was more of a 50/50 split between Americans and others so that I could berate his use of such notation when fully half the board wouldn't understand what he meant. My position is weakened though when we others only make up around a third of those here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

Huh? I think Americans take FAR more BASHING on the message boarRAB I frequent then the French and every other nationality on earth combined do - and, I think we take it quite well.

For instance, your inability to use a capital A for Americans does not bother me in the least. americans are good sports about those sorts of obvious slights.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

Actually that's not completely true, not now anyway. If your parents are both US citizens you are automatically assumed to have American citizenship up until the age of 18, wherein you decide your citizenship based on two factors. If by the age of 18 you live within US borders, you are then American. If you still live outside US borders but register to vote in the US, you are then granted American citizenship.

If you have parents with two seperate citizenships and are born inside US borders {ie one American parent and say One Canadian parent} your dual citizenship is recognized until you register to vote or move outside US borders.

My father is Canadian, my mother American. I was born in the US, but until I was 18 we claimed dual citizenship when crossing borders to visit family in Canada, as well as on our return to the US.
    As soon as my brother and I turned 18 and registered to vote, we lost our Canadian citizenship, as far as the US was concerned. But in Canada, we retained dual citizenship. I know this because even after the age of 18 and having registered to vote in the US, Canada still recognized my dual citizenship when I was visiting my Canandian family and needed medical attention. Because I retained my dual citizenship, Canada's national healthcare system allowed me access to healthcare as needed.
    To this day I can still obtain healthcare from Canada if I'm ever up there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

so you are into pommy bashing now? mae honey, is there anybody you don't like?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

Well, we should be so ever grateful that aggressors who started the war and bombed civilian cities for no purpose other than to conquer have decided that they can forgive the allies who bombed cities to destroy the aggressors war making machine. How kind of you... please forgive me but when ever aggressors talk about forgiveness.... I just think it is twisted.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

When did he get upgraded to the status of a troll ?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

Sometimes crass can be humorous. I've used that line myself when people ask if my wife was part Italian.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

valid point! The problem is that being the USA a land of lawyers (the oldest profession) they claim to have found loopholes in the law that permits their military to torture, sorry,

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you "American"

On another thread, JPSartre12 made the comment that this was a predominantly American forum. This made me wonder if this is indeed the case, thus the poll.

Please note, for any Canadians, Mexicans, Argentinians etc here, I use the term "American" here to mean a citizen of the USA, not the American continents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information