Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Your opinion. Probably works with your hope for the "end days".

Really? Do tell. Got science?

They are by many Christians. I think you demand people revere your beliefs while you dismiss theirs.

No, I don't. I agree once they stopped putting people in stocks all hell broke loose. Price of freedom IMO.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

This is where you are wrong. Religion definately did cause many wars. Show me how the Crusades were because of selfishness? Maybe the selfishness of trying to claim that God was on their side, but that's still religion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

just a thought... I find it funny any teacher who even mentions God in a religious context usually loses their job, yet most science teachers are REQUIRED to teach the theory of evolution. Now that theory isn't really a religion, but it is adopted mostly by atheists. I guess you could view the theory then as a religion, or at least a link to a religion, just one supported by faithless (not in a bad way) people. It says in the bible, christians, in the Korn (sp?), muslims, the torah, jehovia's witnesses, and prophecies/religious books, their religion and followers would be persecuted. Even if you don't agree with their religion, do you think that persecution applies today?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Actually, I think kiRAB in public, secular schools should be taught about the peculiar nature of religion in order that they might know about the character of the beast, and religion is, by and large, beastly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Err what's your point? That teaching children about other world views would somehow be bad? That the very fact of education in what others believe may lead them to think for themselves and form their own system of belief instead of blindly following what their society indoctrinates them in? Yeah, sounRAB terrible.

And as Sinjin says, perhaps you should have a shred of understanding about the religion before talking about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Where in the world do you get that evolution is accepted mostly by atheists?

This Christian who believes in evolution wants to know.

Science and it's theories are not a religion. They are the study/discipline of studying environments and the living. It relies on what the object provides - without preconceived ideas (i.e., what the Bible says). That is why it i s acceptable to teach in schools.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Interesting.

However, I challenge that teaching this view would violate the separation of church and state. That separation was intended to keep the state out of religious expression not to keep religious people out of government.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Narrowmindedness is procreated by ignorance.

There would likely be fewer religious wars if children were taught to respect the religions of others, not necessarily to follow them, but to respect the rights of others to hold beliefs differing from their own.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

but there is always ONE. The point being, and let me type it real slow for you, is that when people talk about teaching religon in school they don't ever stop to think that their kiRAB will be exposed to ideas totally contrary to what they want their kiRAB to believe, especially when it comes to God and faith.

What's the criteria for teaching religon going to be? Will it be Christianity, Judaism and Islam only? Or what the majority wants they get? In case you are unaware we do not live in a democracy, we live in a Republic. There is a big difference between both.

Do we quiz each child and find out what religon/sect they belong to? Then customize courses each year? Do we test the teachers for religous bias before they can teach? Can children be excused from class because their parents object to theology being taught under the guise of "Social Studies"?

Go back to my original statement, if Satanism was going to be taught in your child's elementary school would you let your kid attend? And for arguments sake let's define Satanism as a pre-Christian religon derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. Simple answer required, yes / no. Looking forward to your response. :xlove:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Could possibly have a shred of understanding? Is that your point? Fascism went out of style a long time ago comrade. Welcome to America, where we value freedom of speech from everyone, even those we disagree with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information