Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Religion in Schools?

I think peoples understanding of Religion in the States is very steryotyped.
    Human Morality for a long time has been decreasing and so is religous practice. No-one said all religion is good religion, after all there can only be one truth. People presume science and religion contradict one another, not true. There is at least one scientificially provable religion. Though biased secular humanist/atheist/agnostic scientist do oppose anything that would remotely say there is a God. Laughable, he does get laugh at a lot, but then he doesn't exist. Ever wonder why it's rarely Buddha or Mohamad, Confucis or anyone else for that matter that is so despised and made fun of. It's always Jesus HIHN. Notice the rising popularity of all kinRAB of evils, social activeties and lifesyles, yet it's all GoRAB fault when something cataustrophic happens. He doesn't exist. but If he does its his fault.
    Don't forget GoRAB got plenty of do nothing Christians around. The ones who practice what they preach are the ones you can base the validity of Christianity on.

Religion isn't the cause of war selfishness is.

except of course when a greater good will come of it-Permissive will and Positive will-read 'Did Adam and Eve have Belly Buttons?')

Bob Sanchezel

Religion in Schools?

I said other, I think that it should not be a required course, but a comparative religion, or other optional classes in HS would be fine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Does religion in this sense mean information all religious beliefs without particular emphasis on any one particular brand...? If so, yes, as it would provide understanding and insight into other backgrounRAB and cultures. Always a good thing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

I'm shocked so many said yes, wow.

-Mach

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

other

if it's a philosophy class with info on a tonne of religions, fine

if it's in a private school, fine

if its a public school teaching one relgion...not fine

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Many of us said basically that specific information about different religions should be offered...not religious indoctrination in any particular one.

Teaching about religions and pushing a religion are different. I'm definately against the latter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

Oversimplifed. Many of them were convicts and were wanted in Europe. The New World offered a escape.

But I more or less agree with JPSartre12. A myriad of different religious courses should be avaliable, but optional.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

I voted no...

I believe that the students should have religious freedom and the right to pray, express, share, and talk about thier religion....but as a whole, I don't think the schools teaching religion would be that great....after all, look at some of the other subjects they teach...and then look at what the students get out of it.

I don't believe all are teachers (religiously speaking)....and to force a teacher with no to little religious background to teach a subject they no little about would be worse then them trying to teach math or science with little understanding of that.

religious freedom yes...religious teaching...I'd prefer that stay at home and in the church where I know what is taught!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

I think it should definately not be a required course but as long as it's "they believe..." and not "this is fact"

This could be an elective and actually in our high school is an elective called religious studies. As long as it's taught without a bias, then I'm fine with that. Now I don't like the stuff about there is a god and all that taught in school. If you want to teach how religions believe in god, fine, but don't constantly tell me this nation is under god. This is said every single day and neeRAB to stop.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion in Schools?

In my opinion no particular religion should be taught in *public* schools. Private schools should be (and are) able to teach religion without the bureaucrats of the government complaining and whining about it.

I still think that students of public school students and teachers still have a right to express and practice their faith (blowing themselves up is excluded). The US government has absolutely no right to prevent someone from praying.

It's called the first amendment of the constitution!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information