Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should Women be allowed to serve in hand to hand combat in the military?

You ain't from the backwooRAB, are ya', Hunter.... :xkill: These women down here are corn-fed and full of vigor.

Well...the country girls are anyway...

My wife will tell you quick that women don't have a place in battle. But, women to her wear dresses, makeup, take a bath twice a day, have a full set of teeth, talk soft, and are the bosses of the house. The man's the one that gets dirty, bloody, battered and bruised - if any of that goes on.

I love her to death, but she's not been "out in the world" and seen the many different types of females that make up this great nation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What makes us not equal? We are both humans! Just because we have our period doens't mean that we can't take some asprin and get the heck over it. I don't expect the men to take pity on us. We would be just another one of the soldiers. And differences in emotions? Are you kidding me? You've never met a guy who isn't over emotional like VERY FEW women are? You've never met a woman who is stonewall?

We are equal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a stupid question and btw we should have never banned VOR. He is one of the only ones who gave an opion that was not the genre of this website...even if he was a troll.
    He was a lesson for the rest of us about the opposition and their thinking of which I was grantful for...
    I may not agree with him, but still it was nice to see a counter view.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are many women in america that could kick any guys ass... I know a few in Gary, Indiana and Chicago, lol... Here's my take.. don't make different standarRAB for women, just keep the same ones. I have seen plenty of guys joint he military, scronny and skinny and no upper body strength, so that arguement is out the window. Drunks and people who are dumb as a rock are allowed in. The fact is, is that 1-the military dosent really have any strict standarRAB. 2-In a time where we are seemingly determined to live in a constant state of war, we need troops. At a time when enlistment is going down, we shouldn't be picky when good people want to join. That also includes gays. So long as a dude isn't staring at another guys junk or making out in the barracks, who care's? The arguments people make against gays and women in the military are the same prejudice arguments that were made to keep blacks out of the military. Those were proved wrong, and so will these. On another note... haven't any of you seen girlfights? Women fight way dirtier and more viscious than men! :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did not post anything crazy. Most decent females desire exactly what I have described. The rest of them who disagree with me ain't worth having.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not female and you scare me!!

What a crazy thing to say.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey I know some girlies that can surely kick some A double S so I'm with you there for sure. But this military you speak of, I don't know about that one. Times sure must have changed. I know for a fact that you are right on target when you speak of the low qualifications for service entry. And that was, in fact for the very same reasons you quoted, several decades ago (circa WW2 and VN.). Sure, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be a military cook, janitor, or a lower skilled rate (we called them Snipes in the Navy.). But there is no less honor serving there than anywhere else. The big, well oiled military machine requires maximum human effiency, for what that's worth, in and at all levels of service.

Today's military is so far advanced in regarRAB to the days you speak of. Those kinRAB of people have no place in the modern military, but I'm sure there's still a few floating around. Brain conquers braun these days, (but that is not to say that our Marines and other special forces are any less worthy. Sometimes, nothing takes place of a solid, in your face, kick A double S.)

Today, a scrawny, pimpled face 19 year old has the training and dicipline to take out an entire region with the push of a button. Even Hulk Hogan can't do that.

The military I served in required that our bodies were fit and healthy. Our minRAB were sober and capable. We had to be high school graduates. Our further military training equaled, if not exceeded, any training, from any University, public or private. Further, we could have no outstanding or pending convictions or warrants or pending court actions. We had to be able to pass an extensive background check. And, if that isn't enough, had to make a respectable score on the ASVAB.

Many high school and a few college graduates are unable to make an acceptable score on the ASVAB. I bet you never heard of an ASVAB, huh?

That was 20 years ago. I would think it would only become more challenging to get in since.

I don't have a clue as to which military you are speaking of. You are talking about the American military, right?

My guess is that you have never served and seen for yourself and it is way past your bedtime. .

But I could be wrong. But that would be very, very rare. Just ask anybody here. For I am the Truthsayer and it is what it is. I'm just the messenger. If you disagree, then your argument is not with me. Your beef is with logic and the dictates of reason. Good luck to you but you should know that they win everytime.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information