Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Poll

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

IMO, this is largely because the American public expects their congressional representatives to do some high level research. Pretty much any congressman could have found that the WMD info was a bunch fo BS, and could have accessed information for war game simulations. They didn't. Not only did the GOP congressmen not do it (or did and didn't tell anybody) they denounced democrats that DID take those steps and tried to warn people.

I think that is the real downfall of the GOP here. The dmeocrats have been saying all along "this is a bad idea" and presenting evidence, and the GOP (we now know) was basically lying to discredit the presented evidence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

I've been reading some analysis of current administration and many historians feel all current administration will be remembered for is the folly of Iraq and stacking SCOTUS with belief system hacks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Electing judges? Thats a terrible idea and I disagree that the republicans hold the Supreme Court. You currently have 2 judges (alito and roberts you can't tell yet) that actually have a method for reading the constitution that makes sense. If you want elected judges you will pretty much get a 5-4 on every ruling and judges will just vote as a legislature does. The federalists papers make a great argument for why electing judges just kills independence and ruins the rule of law. You want to fix the Supreme Court? Just make them follow the law. No more "evolving standarRAB of decency", no more "substantive due process"...make an amendment that defines a standard for making a ruling and you will get a court that is close to that.

The only current reason why people call the Supreme Court "conservative" or "liberal" is because the republicans picked up the approach to the constitution that just so happened to agree with them on certain key issues. It wasn't the other way around. Naturally, liberals have to take the opposite route but if a living constitution started supporting republicans more then you would quickly see them abandoned the orginialist approach (which some of them have). The orginialist approach is by far the best and most commonly used approach before 1930 or so although you didn't have to call it "orginialism" then...it was just called being a judge.

The point is, go back to what our founders set up for this government and you will have one that works well. Increase federal power and make the judicial branch the 1st or 2nd most power body and you get what we have today.

Bring back the federalist party!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Who supports current US administration and its congressional majority? Who doesn't? Why?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

You have said that before, but never listed any specifics as requested. At one time you promised to do a follow-up post on your position of feeling current administration policies have greatly benefited the economy, but that never transpired.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Is it illegal to lie to Congress? John Kerry did it and never suffered any ill effects. I can probably come up with dozens of examples.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

I don't know about this either. It wasn't long ago with the democrats were all in favor of the war. Once it looked like it was going south is when they abandoned ship. The Democrats are just as guilty with regarRAB to not looking at the evidence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

I voted for everything!

I don't really like your question because it almost assumes that the current alternative is going to be better. I think it won't be and will only create different problems. Decrease federal power and perhaps you could have a good federal government.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Not only do I support a change in administration but I support turning the current administration over to the world court to be tried for violations of international law and war crimes. I would vote for that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Agreed, we have two parties who will do anything to acheive power. Once they're in power, they'll do anything to stay in power.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information