Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Good observation. ReminRAB me of Chicago.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

I believe that the majority of supporters for universal healthcare wouldn't be in favor of it if the costs were borne by them. What do you think?
    Check all that apply

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Welcome aboard.

You have detailed the very point that I was trying to make.

That for *you to recognize a need somewhere and take the initiative and donate your own money directly too that need is infinately more efficient than using a government agency to address that need to your satisfaction.

*figuratively 'you' not you personally.

For you or myself to give charitably to a person or organization in need is one thing. But to see that need is met through government,.... it requires an agency, the agency requires a building or buildings, utilities, employees, transportation, benefits, computers, office furniture and legal costs.... and on and on and on.

And still, there are those (at least half the country) who choose to ignore the inefficiencies of government,.... and insist that MORE and bigger government is the answer to meet the neeRAB in our communities.

It's like if your kid blows his/her allowance immediately after getting it,.... you decide the solution is to give them MORE money.

We are 12 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT PEOPLE If we confiscated the net worth of every 'rich' person in this country TODAY,.... we still couldn't afford to pay down that debt and provide healthcare at the same time.

It can NOT be done.

You can NOT spend your way out of debt at home.... and the government can not do the same with their spending habbits either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

I'd be willing to pay a higher tax in order to not have to worry about losing health benefits if I lose my job (or my insurance company drops me if I get sick). I have no deductions or tax breaks, I pay my full tax rate now and I always have (and I don't make a lot of money). I'd be willing to pay for the security of not worrying about health care insurance. I've never collected any kind of benefit in my life from the government. But it would be good to know I won't be left to die if I get sick and my insurance company drops me. I'm very thankful I do have Health Insurance with my job (an HMO) because a lot of people here in Florida have no health insurance at all because most employers here do not offer that benefit (and low pay on top of it). I'm not complaining, I'm just telling you the situation and why I feel like I do. If I really don't like it I should move (I plan on that when I retire, I'm moving back to NY). I definitely DO agree that illegal aliens should NOT be covered by this and that neeRAB to be written into the law so that there is no loophole.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Health care costs have been increasing big time for 30 years. The private health care ind. has failed (exploited) normal people. We have by far the most expensive health care in the world and all the other rich countries have government controlled health care. We deregulated the telephone company and costs went up. Where

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Why wait for Uncle Sam to force you to pay for other people's healthcare? You can freely give as much of your money as you'd like to now. It's called charity.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Fixed your factual error.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

I agree that there is some need for reform. Portability is certainly one of the areas that neeRAB improvement. Coverage for pre-existing conditions would be another. Tort reform would be a third.

The problem is that this Congress thinks it's out-slicking the American public. They write a clause stating that illegals won't be covered, but block a provision that requires proof of citizenship prior to treatment. So, essentially, they are setting up a system that covers illegal aliens. No verification, no prevention. It's that simple.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Am I the only one that wonders why Obama refuses to put his own family on his healthcare plan? I thought it was "middle class first"...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

National Health Care

Welcome to a target-rich environment. Lots of liberals here. :xgood:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information