Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Evolution versus Creationism

Nice links, posting alot of them always makes it look like you're blowing the opposition away. Unfortunately no where do any of them state that an evolutionary scientist discovered the next great drug due to his knowledge of anything. And what about this ?

No evidence that christians don't contribute to the advancement of science huh ? And can anyone imagine a more sweeping statement of classifying a complete segment of the population in a more bigoted way ? Shame on you, you hate mongering, christian fear promoting bigot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Twelve transitional fossil sequences on one poster:

Actually, there's a very nice poster (PDF format) on rates of morphological evolution and "living fossils" that re-examines and improves on Westoll's data, then adRAB additional data for comparison on transitionals from eleven other lineages including mammals and reptiles.

http://graemetlloyd.com/2005PA.pdf

The neat feature is that in every case, it's possible to visualise the gradual change in a set of traits over time, and show that rates of evolution of a trait can vary, with both rapid bursts and slower change being evident.

No transitionals?

You gotta be kidding, or plug ignorant.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's right! Carbon dating, the Big Bang, and five of the six types of evolution (excluding micro-evolution) have all been disproved. If you don't believe me, I would love to start a head-on debate in the 'tounament' section.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh really, how do you spell faith Otto ?

My faith isn't blind at all. It's an act of my will though. It is understanding that I don't understand everything and am not so pompous as to believe I can explain every jot and diddle in either the bible or in the world through science. What you don't understand as a Natural Man is that each person has a god, even when they claim atheism. We worship that which we place our faith in. So your faith is in your god which is science, specifically evolution as an explanation for who man is.

The problem is that your answer for our origins makes us nothing more than an animal, a soulless beast of burden with no higher calling. I know that is wrong and that we are above the animals of the World. At every possible level we disagree about who and what Man is and why we exist. And sadly that reality will continue to be. But don't expect me to degrade my standing as a human being just to be considered a pseudo intellectual in your club of humanists.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I repeat, What an irrational mishmash of delusional reasoning. You are asking me to explain to you why God chose to ONLY create life here and on no other Planets in Time and Space? And if I gave you an answer, as if I could actually know such an answer, would you accept it as rational or reasonable or would you just scoff that i have no way of knowing whatever answer I gave. The fact is you would be right because I have no way of knowing His reasons for only creating life here and no place else. And you say that the you are the party that has advanced no argument what so ever? Are you then admitting that evolution makes no claims about Mans origins? I think not. Not until it's convenient in an argument anyway. Why is that no surprise at all.

But I can tell you this much. He did create life here according to His perfect will, and He created Man in His image according to His perfect Will for fellowship and because He loves us. And after knowing what you hatemongers represent, I marvel that God can love such a rabid lot. And yet He does. Go figure huh?

But how obvious child like of you to handle it by completely evading the valid question that if no God exists, then why in all of the billions of years that Time and Space has existed and expanded to the size that it is; and with all of the uncountable Planets in all of the uncountable Galaxies that envelop all of the uncountable Solar Systems, why oh why hasn't life spontaneously erupted on any other Planets except this one? I know you will in typical fashion evade the question like the philosophical coward that you are but I would hope that for once you would at least try to honestly answer a question rather than just maneuver yourself into feeling like you won something. But I understand that you can't answer it without admitting that you worship at the feet of a man made false science that has no real answers at all. :smile:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe that the events that make up the Bible are mostly metaphors for what really happened. A flood that covered the whole earth? Please. Where did all the water and fossil evidence go? A flood that big and only a couple thousand years ago would have left fosils all over the world, buried no more than a few feet under the surface.

Maybe one "day" in G-d's creation really spans millions of years. It would certainly make sense that way, considering that creation as described in the bible happened in the same order as the earth's formation. Maybe we're still in the sixth day, and the seventh day is when the Messiah comes. "Then nation will not threaten nation, and mankind will not again know war." ~The Bible.

As for my assumption that G-d really does exist, you could call it blind faith. Heck, even I could call it that. But without faith, we'd all be lonesome and afraid. Where's the fun in looking before you leap every single time?:xhoho:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

but is there a reason to accept it as the absolute truth in the first place?

Prove it! Prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Earth is without question 4 billion years old. Men of good repute insist that the Radiometric dating methoRAB are totally unreliable when dating at 50,000 years and beyond so on so many levels that the results cannot be trusted or verified at all. So no matter how you cut it, you must rely on unreliable evidence in order to believe what you believe. So how you can claim dogmatically that the Earths antiquity is a reality is incredible.

[INDENT][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]How the carbon clock works
    Carbon has unique properties that are essential for life on earth. Familiar to us as the black substance in charred wood, as diamonRAB, and the graphite in

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Evolution is a type of adaptation.
    An adaptation is anything that helps an animal adjust to new conditions, whether it be changes to an animal's genes, behavior, or otherwise.
    Evolution is a type of adaptation in an animal that changes some of the genetic codes in that animal over many generations. This usually occurs because of natural selection, otherwise known as survival of the fittest.

Take the evolution from brown bears to polar bears, for instance. When the brown bears' hunting grounRAB started moving farther north, some bears were born with a mutation that gave them lighter fur. These bears were able to hunt better without being seen, and, thus, were able to survive and pass on their genes, eventually creating a new species.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just love that some Christians here have been calling atheists selfish and self-indulgent when they post tripe like this, pretending to know what atheists think and feel... How about you ask a theistic evolutionist about your ridiculous contrast of evolution and Christianity?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information