Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Evolution versus Creationism

warning! Steep learning curve ahead! That crunching sound is a paradigm shifting without a clutch!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem here is that you people are blind to the spiritual aspects of what makes us above the animals. You scream that we can't prove the supernatural World exists scientifically while ignoring that it is totally reasonable that the spiritual cannot be proven scientifically. But it is self evident that the World was created by an intelligent being. Evident to some of us that is. But you believe that just because you are blind to it then it must not be. Never would you consider that the blindness is yours though.

The reason why believers in God and the bible know we are right is because we once were as blind as you when we too were spiritually dead, but once we became born again and received the Holy Spirit we saw clearly which you still can't do. The Natural Man can never appreciate the things of the spirit so wallow in your darkness and believe that what you can see is the truth but you are being deceived and buying into lies and deceptions. And for that I mourn your loss unless you come to a knowledge of the truth someday. If not then all is lost and the day will come when you will curse yourself for ever opposing what I am trying to tell you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You straw-manned my argument in the second paragraph. This is about evolution, regardless of whether they are sentient or not. I never argued they were sentient. Stop with the fallacies.

Evolution is not about whether or not it's a more intelligent or sophisticated life form. It's a movement towarRAB perfection. Mutation is a mechanism of evolution, so for all intents and purposes, mutation is evolution.

And bacteria mutate from being exposed to other bacteria? I think not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really Archie, you claim others are ignorant as you allow yourself to be spoonfed fairy tales and accept proven hoaxes without question because you're impressed by their "proof" of your nutjob creationist beliefs. Duhhhhh, they show pretty pictures so they must be smart huh ? :xgood: :xdonno:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lying again Archie? Not once did I mention "Christians" the post is about CREATIONISTS do you need a definition of the word?
    For the purposes of this thread I'm confining that to the American Evangelicals who attempt to have school curricula altered to suit their own dogma.
    YOUR WORRAB.
    How else do you explain that pathogens develop drug resistance or the fact that the articals specifically cite "Evolution" and "Natural Selection" as the cause?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You second statements contradicts the first.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I accept evolution as largely fact. I also believe it is a indirect tool of a absent God.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Creationists set their imaginations above reason, which is why none of you can reason. All you can ever do is credulously believe. Unlike you, I don't believe we are above animals, but one thing that distinguishes us from other animals is our ability to reason. Your rejection of this ability rejects the only difference.

But who cares? Your inability to reason is no skin off anyone else's nose. Your beliefs run contrary to reality, but if you insist on believing in them, hey! Go right ahead. Your genes aren't the ones going to make it into the next generation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leave it to you to derail with minutia. The point is creationists are christians so you are in affect saying the same thing. But the question still remains, are you saying that creationists have never contributed to any other sciences ? That creationists are dumbing down our society and preventing us from learning and excelling in real science ? Just so you know, Believers are not anti science. I love and respect the leaps forward we have made in all branches of science. Real sciences that is. Evolution does not fall into that category in any way, shape, or form.

Simple. Because people build up resistances to drugs. Are you actually suggesting that if I take the same antibiotic for one month. Then 6 months later I take it again and have built up a resistance to it, then I have evolved in that 6 month period ? No wonder you'll believe in evo. You'll believe anything. :xdonno:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I get the right answer?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information