Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which is worse - Rape or Murder?

Ethmi I think you are right,raped the emotional thing go's on murdered well the dead no nothing.

However I think the punishment for either should be mandatory execution as soon as possible.The rape part make sure thats what it is first is all.:xkill::xkill:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This former rape victim is happy to be alive thank you. Murder is worse.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem....

is that the modern statute system, created in 1938... is flawed.

It gives light sentences to murderers and rapists...

which before 1933... when we had the Constitutional Common Law legal system.... muderers... and rapists... were hung... PERIOD.

THERE WAS NO REVOLVING DOOR... no TV in jail... no mattress.

it was hard labor... or an exicution.

Period.

Which is how it should be again, as a way to actually deter rapists, and murderers.

Tv, a mattress, and 15 years... does not deter anything.

That should be the discussion... see..> Mosheh Thezion's Campaign Committee for U.S. Senate (R) | FREEDOM VERSES CIVIL LIBERTIES

-Mosheh Thezion :xbanghead

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess it was, he never talked a great deal about it, but he did clean up,didn't erase the seven years though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you taking about Harold "Pete" Guyette? Wasn't he sentenced to life without parole for the shootings, not death row? Didn't he get off because his confession was deemed unconstitutional?

Anyway, this does bring up an interesting legal point. A person can be falsely accused of murder but legally only for a murder that actually occured. A person can be falsely accused of rape but that rape need not ever have actually happened to obtain a conviction. This is a contributing factor to why murder is often treated as a capital offense but rape, even aggravated rape or child rape, is not. (Ironically, a murder conviction can be obtained on strictly circumstantial evidence, whereas rape is very difficult to prove without conclusive physical evidence.)

Legally then, murder is "worse" than rape. However, morally, if one looks at crime of all types as forms of theft, is not the theft of a life always equally heinous? In the case of murder the life is stolen abruptly and completely, but in cases of rape a life is stolen piecemeal over time depending on the severity of the offense. Perhaps certain rapes ought to be treated a capital crimes, worthy of permanently ridding society of the offender.

bonesobsessed212

Although I have no pity for murderers and rapists I do have pity for people wrongly found guilty for these crimes.
    A man in England just did 27 years in prison for a rape and murder that he didnt do. the man that did it killed himself in 1988 and its only now his dna was matched with the murderers tissue found on the dead girl.
    Thats why I dont really like the death penalty and the hang 'em shoot 'em brigade.

well, putting them in prison for a long, long time prevents them from doing it again. Besides in prison they will have a taste of their own medicine.

I don't know about the preventive side. At least in Australia apart from serial rapists, rape is mostly gang rape when drunk. A girl agrees to have sex with one guy and his drunk frienRAB join in.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

so you are going to kill her or tell her to commit suicide, although that is not what she wants.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've hear rape victims described it as being killed and then asked to stand up again. Short answer: I don't know.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it depenRAB on the angle. Rape most of the time but then I think of my family being left without me, all my children motherless and never being able to see them get through the various stages of their life, never enjoy my grandchildren or them enjoy me, etc and murder seems SO much worse. I've never been raped and while I could NEVER begin to fathom how traumatic something like that would be, I know eventually through counseling and the love of my family, frienRAB and my faith I could get through it over time. Death, there's just no coming back from, no healing from it over time. So in that sense I think it would be worse.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information