Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

You've consistently stated that anyone who tells you they are a christian who does not believe in YEC as you do is not a Christian, but is a spiritually dead secular humanist, etc, etc. Oddly enough, this is the same thing you say to all the atheists on the board too.

So when you said that, did you actually mean that you respected their deeply held spiritual beliefs and their Christian character? Or where you lumping them in with all the other "unbelievers"?

Do you honestly think anyone buys your "outrage" Archie? The idea that you could blatantly lie like this, while having the audacity to accuse someone else of lying and disparaging their character as you have makes me embarassed for you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You insist on telling me what I believe when I continue to tell you that Idolatry, as in worshiping false goRAB is not atheism which is a belief that no God exists at all. OK Iangb, continue to tell me what I believe. You are as thickheaded and corrupted as the obnoxious child is. But life is too short to waste attempting to bang my head through a brick wall which is what attempting to reason with you is like. :xdonno: :xbye:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not telling you what you believe - in fact, I made it perfectly clear in my first post here that you didn't actually think that all non-christians are atheists. I'm simply repeating what you have said - which indicates that you do.

If what you have said is contrary to what you believe, that's a problem that you're going to have to deal with yourself. Flinging ad homs at me won't solve your problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

O'rly?

http://www.4forums.com/political/349844-post60.html

http://www.4forums.com/political/356120-post211.html

I'm not holding my breath you'll admit you screwed up. You never do anyways. What else can I expect from someone with so much Hubris. By the way, learn what Oedipus did. Pride comes before a fall. And your coming fall is going to be immense.

Really, where do you live? I'm sure I can find you a community college course on reading comprehension. God knows you need it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Simple logic dictates that if you call someone who disagrees with you an atheist because they disagree with you, you think that people who disagree with you are atheists independent of their religion.

Archie doing this on a regular basis and then saying he doesn't do it is hysterical. We have at least 3 quotes of him doing just that and yet he denies it.

He's like Nixon, except he'd deny that he was part of watergate even when the tapes were played.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that's the last time I give you the benefit of doubt for a while...

Archangel, your challenge from your first post was to produce evidence of a "statement being directly made or even implied by any member that unless one accept the christian version of events, then they are atheists".

In your first quoted post, you used the terms 'unbelievers' (of Christianity) and 'atheist' interchangeably. This implies that any 'unbeliever' is an atheist.

In your second quoted post, you claimed that (paraphrased) "Only an atheist would disagree with my claim, because they alone have no concept of the consequences of sinning". This post labelled anyone who didn't agree with your POV to be an atheist, and seeing as your POV was based on your Christian beliefs then this implies than anyone who disagrees with your Christian beliefs is an atheist.

In your third quoted post, you explained your rationale for labelling TQ an atheist was that everything he wrote fell into the category of "one who completely rejects the concept of a living and personal God". This implies that anyone who rejects the concept of a living and personal God is an atheist. You have even backed this up in your very most recent post, saying that "TQ demonstrates the mind set of an atheist" - where as in fact, all he has done is reject your interpretations of Christianity.

You are moving the goalposts by insisting on someone quoting you making a direct statement, as this was not specified as necessary in your challenge. It is impossible for me to be using 'off-topic posts', as your challenge invited me to look through every post you have ever made. Heck, you actually invited me to look through every post on the forum. Furthermore, regardless of your intentions when you posted, or your background beliefs that they were not correct, the implications are there. The challenge has been met.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First of all, I'm not outraged in the least. I find his dishonesty humorous since he is attempting to start a thread based on arguments that have NEVER EVER been made or implied in any way by me or any other christian(s) here. Would you care to post any thread or post I or anyone else have proffered which "directly" argued what the OP implies and asserts? NO? You can't? Then just as the OP is dishonest and fallacious, so is your attempted defense of it.

Remember, he is saying that I have positively argued that if you reject the christian perspective in favor of what any other religion believes that you must be an atheist. He is asserting that I have made this as a positive argument. I'm saying, PROVE I or anyone else HAVE MADE THAT ARGUMENT!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly who is to say what is the right religion or belief?Be it atheist or Christianity or any thing else for that matter?Wars are fought over what is the correct religion or set of beliefs.

O.K.it seems to be Christianity vs.Atheist but I can't help going into it a bit more
    or try to find out what the big argument is.

Maybe there is or was a Christ (bet he looked middle eastern)or a Buddha,
    Allah.

guess it depenRAB on what you believe.

Chew on this:Your an American Indian say 300 yrs ago and your religion or belief is
    in the Manitou's or indian spirits,and you believe when you die you go to let us
    say the happy hunting grounRAB or cross the river and meet up with everyone you knew,endless forest bountiful game.

You die,WHOA your not in Kansas any more,your not anywhere you ever imagined, instead your standing in front of these big golden gates.What know
    was your whole religion or beliefs a lie?or is your religion or beliefs what you
    yourself make them or you come together as a collective with others,and
    practice your religion or beliefs?

So really what is it?is there any proof?and don't give me this well the Bible says.So doe's the Koran for that matter and every other Holly book of every religion or belief.

Notice how I say religion or belief?Its how I feel inside not like a religion but I
    believe I've been a good hubby and father and a pretty decent person most of the time.

So if there is a better place I'm probably in so I don't have to worry about religion's or beliefs as long as I believe in me.:frazzled:

RELIGION

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marc, you and Archie don't seem to get it.

We don't tolerate stupidity regardless of where it comes from.

http://www.4forums.com/political/sci...ut-comets.html

Notice we gave endless amounts of XXXX to eanassir, who was a Muslim.

And who's the Shinto here?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is correct, and how it went proves my point. Eanassir posted, atheists and agnostics took exception to it, and Archangel took exception to it identically. Rather than join with him or harmonize with him in any way, you said this;

Archangel quit posting, and Eanassir did the last 4 posts with no responses!! When was the last time a Christian got the last word like that? If Archangel would have continued posting, the thread would have become only about him.

I know - traditional, Bible believing Christians are always the opposition. Two-way conflicts. My post #29 is still holding up very well, isn't it?

You weren't the starter of the thread. The one who started it has, in the past, had great difficulty understanding that far-east religions have little to do with the U.S. government. He used the word "planet", and often implies "planet" when discussing something about only the western world.

Obvious_child and T.Q.

Obvious_chilRAB is Deist if I remember right - do you accept that? T.Q's may very well be FSM - he never says.

That was just a vague one-liner - I'm talking about detailed discussions, similar to the details in the 10 to 1 or 30 to 1 discussions that traditional Christians often find themselves in here.

From Huxley, (the originator of the term agnostic) to yourself, I never could understand how an 'I don't know' position has you arguing so vehemently for atheism and against Christianity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information