Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

I don't forget it at all - it's very clear. They're "modern" Christians - either atheists masquerading as Christians, or they actually think they are Christians even if the disregard the Bible and make Christianity anything they want it to be. Who can really say which they are - atheists who love them don't care. As long as they help in the conflict to "eradicate" (Dawkins word) Christianity.

I called myself atheist? Are you PWI again? (posting while intoxicated)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You've found me out Archie-I'm an alien. Klatuu Barada Nikto!

What the hell is your statement supposed to mean anyways?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's "dishonest and fallacious" is your question:
    "Would you care to post any thread or post I or anyone else have proffered which "directly" argued what the OP implies and asserts?"
    Nope, but it's clear that's exactly what you mean. Or do you deny the behaviour I ascribed to you above?

For some reason you think you're clever because you claim that since you never said "a-b-c", that anyone who says you implied, intimated, or in any way subcribe to "a-b-c" is a dirty rotten liar, despite you in every post alluding to "a-b-c".

It's not clever. It's actually about as far from clever as you can be.

Stop playing a game of semantics Iangb, as you hem and haw to find a way to show that I have said that anyone who believes in a different religion other than christianity must be an atheist. Simply start by showing that we have even had such a discussion here. And then show where I have said that anybody of another RELIGIOUS BELIEF SYSTEM IS AN ATHEIST!!! I don't care what you attempt to read into what I have said. You know I'm not one to mince worRAB so show/quote me ever saying that someone of a different religious belief from christianity is an atheist. To all of you I say, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. :xbye:

ALSO, to any crowd with half a brain, this quoted response to tq below would have put this thread to bed for good as any honest people would have run away after calling child the disingenuous and corrupt liar that he is. But not with this crowd of realities deniers. Note the bolded and underlined if actual reason and facts mean anything at all to you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

...this is what I've just done. You have said that anyone who rejects your version of Christianity (eg: the concept that there is a personal and living god, or the concept that there are dire consequences to sinning) is an atheist. You haven't specifically said "That Muslim is an atheist", but that's not what you originally challenged anyone to find - you're only now demanding that because your earlier challenge has been met.

It's right there, in my post, waiting for a response. I won't quote myself; you know were to find it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

More lies and dishonesty from tq. What I am asserting, no; insisting is that the subject being implied in the OP has never even been discussed on this forum. How can I assert something when I have never even considered it for discussion on this or any other forum?

The question has never even been asked of me, if I believed that if someone views the world from the perspective of, let's say a moslem, Buddhist or hindu, if in my opinion that makes them an atheist. And neither can you post me ever making that claim under any circumstances. Therefore your claim that this is what I believe is a blatant and unmitigated lie as you once again attempt to tell me what I believe based on nothing I have ever directly or indirectly said at all. Got it? Stop telling me what I believe when I have never even discussed it here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting these proclamations by Brigid and antonia. I'll readily admit that its impossible to keep the personal belief systems of this diverse gang of unbelievers straight. I guess I often generally refer to someone as an atheist when they are actually just a secular humanist or some other oRABhoot of that mind set. But that does nothing to validate the premise for this thread in any way.

Now all you have to show is that I have positively argued that anyone who follows another religion other than christianity is in fact an atheist. And that you will never do. That's what you have claimed after all, that rather than mistakingly label a humanist an atheist, that I have universally argued that any person who holRAB to other religious beliefs other than christianity is by default an atheist, and as usual, that premise is an absolute perversion of the truth of what I have represented here. So you can play your game of semantics all you like, but that does nothing to validate the premise of this thread.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, sure Archie

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're welcome, hopefully it's clear enough for you. But just in case it isn't, here's a little more clarity; The view that he puts fourth, and the view that I put fourth are not detailed, controversial views, as in one denomination. They're very general, like "In the beginning, God created", or the very basics of salvation. Views of Christianity that throw creation out, that mock others who point to and discuss Christ's sacrifice, simply is not a Christian view. Anyone can call themself a Christian - Richard Dawkins could be drunk in a bar and call himself a Christian, but that doesn't really mean he is one.

File anything away that you want - if it's that important to you, if it bothers you that much. I don't file away anything of yours.

Their anger at mentions of Christ, their parroting of atheist talking points concerning scripture, WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SAY makes them difficult to distinguish between actual Christians and atheists who masquerade as Christians. Do you believe it's completely impossible for an athiest to masquerade as a Christian?

You don't show yourself to be an authority on Christian interpretation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

See the bolded? You're blatantly lying again. The proper label for the concepts you're describing are unbelievers in the christian God. It stanRAB to reason that we weren't even discussing unbelievers in Christ or the christian God as atheists. And it also stanRAB to reason that if a person claims any religion, but rejects the christian God that he isn't an atheist. You are dishonestly attempting to attribute a fallacious label to me when I have never claimed that being of any religious belief apart from christianity makes someone an atheist.

I marvel at your level of dishonesty as you actually support an invalid definition for atheism by attempting to attribute it to people with religious beliefs. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information