Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

If you had a point, would you even be here?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But you can't name a single one? Why, exactly, do you post here?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely! Haven't you heard me say that satan is the god of this world on many occasions? And haven't I attributed true supernatural powers to him, be they powers of darkness rather than light? Must you redefine what an atheist is in order to support a troll like the obnoxious child's fallacious attack on me? Can't you see that it makes you no better than him? I have never had any debate where I have said that anyone who believes in a god other than Yahweh, are atheists, PERIOD!!! Beside that, believing in false goRAB isn't evidence of atheism, it is evidence of idolatry since they are worshiping a false god. So get your facts straight and tell your obnoxious buddy to do the same because worshiping a false god isn't evidence of atheism at all.

I'll ask you the same question: "why do you post here?"

Everything you said has been addressed ad nauseum over the past few years that I've been here by myself and others. The fact that you continue to post the same falsehooRAB and deceptions does not speak to our deficiencies but to your own.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NO, you are again lying and completely misrepresenting the context of the discussion. We weren't discussing whether or not people of other religions are atheists at all. That question or premise was never even a consideration. You cannot rip my comments in a debate out of context and assert that I was saying that anyone who believes in another religion other than the christian one is an atheist. WHY? Because we weren't even discussing that possibility or option.

Your inference is completely fallacious as it assumes a conversation that was never taking place.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hippopotomonstrosesquippediliophobia?

Look everyone! PenfolRAB scrabbling for his dictionary!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Several people here seem to think that disagreeing with interpretations over YEC and the Biblical God equate to the disagreer being an atheist.

That just because you disagree with one interpretation that you could not possibly believe that ANY other religion exists out there.

That Buddhism, Deism, Manicheism, Shinto, Yezdisim, Hindu, Animism are all just atheism.

So therefore, do you agree that the Biblical faiths are the ONLY religion on the planet and if you don't agree or believe with them, you're an atheist?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I must be slow today. Somehow I managed to let you steer me from this:
    "a completely fallacious premise since not one quoted post can EVER be produced of any member, christian or otherwise EVER SAYING that unless someone accepts or believes in the christian God, or the christian version of events, then they are atheists. ", which is demonstrated quite handily by your posts to those I listed above (among others), to this:
    "post even one statement by me where I said that anyone who follows another religion other than christianity is an atheist."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post the first.

Note for added irony that Brigid is, I believe, a Wiccan. Who Archangel calls 'atheist' because she doesn't believe in God.

Post the secondA second example of how 'only an ignorant atheist' would disagree with Christian-based views ('the concept of unforgiven sins').

I realise that Archangel knows, deep down, that someone can challenge Christianity and not be an atheist. However, that doesn't stop him from accidentally flinging the term around from time to time. A (final) example of just this, complete with apology when he realised his error.

In summary: Archie does it occasionally, but mainly only by accident. I don't think it was worth a topic - but Archies response to it now that it has been made is not an entirely truthful one.
    Call it a draw, and move on?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

many religions exist... which have no concept or consideration of a God.. or creator.. and yet they are considered religons.

in fact, scientology got its tax exemption because of the precident of Buddism, in which there is no discussion of god, and they only consider how to live in this world... now.. rather than in the after life.

But.. religion in itself, naturally attempts to explain for the unexplainable such as creation... and any true religion should touch on that.. and you will find that most religions.. do... if only lightly.

Atheism... rejects creation... and rejects God.. and assumes there is only a random chaotic order, based on natural laws... and mathmatical patterns.. and nothing more... which is something.. those other religions never do.

however... if a religion... as it is... rejects a creation, or purpose or meaning for existance, and assumes its all random meaningless purposeless existance for no use whatsoever.. then.. they border on being Atheism.. yes.

Is that what you believe?

-Mosheh Thezion :xkill:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information