Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The**OFFICIAL**Voice/Singing Help Thread

Alright Merkaba - I bet you've answered this a thousand times but I'm having trouble finding it. How do I warm my voice up to scream? I'm in a grind band so I do a bunch of it. I'm a back up vocalist, like the rest of my band. Sometimes though, my throat hurts afterwarRAB for a while. I never warm up and would rather do that than change my style because I like the way it sounRAB. Of course, if warming up doesn't help, I'll have to stop, but I'd rather try this first.

hahaha to me, when glenn danzig does realllllly low notes sometimes he sounRAB like that!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks merkaba. your doing a real service here.

Okay from the other thread...

"
    I wanna scream like the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold.What category does that fall under?How do i do it?"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks alot. I'll try that out.

Do a warm down and wait at least an hour. If your going to keep going after that, you have to warm up all over again and be careful or else it could just get progressively worse. The thing is, when your training some things like screaming are trial and error in the beginning, so your going to have times when your throats a little screwed. Its best to just quit, but if you have to keep going, breathe some steam and drink pleanty of water to flush out the extra mucus thats coming up from the swelling. Throat Coat Tea is a good thing to drink too, but I think its disgusting so I only use it when I absolutely need it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Loved the mess up with the worRAB and pause:thumb:

Your pretty much on pitch the entire time, and your falsetto tones sound pretty cool and effortless.

That said, you ARE straining a bit, and you can hear it in your voice, and see it in your neck.

Listen back carefully; sometimes you'll be singing a note in full voice, and at the end of the note you'll kind of drag the pitch down. Thats you raising your larynx, increasing the air pressure behind the larynx, and letting the air all come out at the end and your larynx go down at the end of the line. If you can work on that little issue by working a bit on your breath pressure management and maybe putting a little bit of vibrato or vocal fry at the end of notes, it will improve the sound drastically.

Also, you might want to try to place your tone a little bit more, because your chest voice notes are a bit shouty. Just work on changing up the tone, and placing your air pressure behind the mask of your face a little bit.

Its good now, but if you work on those things it will be improve quite a bit, so good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.supload.com/music/Operati...7VOGBCXAQ.html

Ok so they is my somewhat poor attempt at singing . I was wondering if anyone could give some tips on how to improve myself ?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll record a more diverse sample later, with some more tonal diversity... Cannibal Corpse isn't known for their excellent range in tones

Read the article I posted a couple of posts before you on this thread. Make that sound on scales, then translate it into open vowels, and with more push (pushing like using the restroom, not pushing on your throat) you'll get it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well do you know how people describe screaming or adding rasp like you make the annkkkk buzzer noise and thats why you use for it? well i think thats what i do. When i first do it my voice gets like, itchy kinda, but then after a little it goes away. So yeah if i get the chance i'll post recordings. But i'll try it for a little and see if it gets better. Or if it ****s me up a little then i'll stop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information