Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

Dude take your fucking meRAB already and STFU, you don't know what you're talking about. You got deal with it!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

'yet again I fail to see proof, you need to get me a time machine and go back then and show me that the radios played these crazy unheard of songs. My teacher didn't tell me about them so it cannot be true !' /MWH

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

Most banRAB that are called 'emo' do not sing about girls/exgfs etc...
    Thursday for example.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

no you were hahahahaha... take that.....
    yay!!! i can argue like MadPUnk.... all i have to do is say hes owned enough times and i will win even though i never posted any proof.

so far your ownage of me consists of you saying im owned and thats about it. no proof... no credibility.... no nothing.

through this whole thread you have beat around the bush.... avoided 90% of my questions... changed the subject. made false acusations of what if said when you can read my post again and see that you were wrong in accusing me of such things.

you have avoided any responibility.... you haven't given any solid answer about anything.... in fact the only thing that you can definitely pull out of your posts is this....

1)you say weezer sucks... (whatever who cares...its your opinion)
    2)you say weezer is emo...
    3)you say madonna sucks and didn't achieve what me and my prof say
    4)you say im dumb and my prof doesn't know anything
    5)you know more about punk/emo/straight edge than everyone

did i miss anything?....i might have.... but the above 5 things are a bulleted list of the things one can pull from all the bullshit youve typed in this thread. Aside from those 5 things... i can find no other statements from you that have any meaning or credibility in this thread becasue anything and everything else is eother
    a)one of your dc stories
    b)telling me im owned
    c)telling me to go do my homework/listen to a certain song

how the fuck is that in anyway proof that im wrong. where the hell did you learn how to argue/discuss things. If you were a lawer youd lose every god damn case if you did the same things in a court room that you did here. I need to get some waders just to try and sift though all your shit youve been shoveling my way just to see if there was anything in there that can prove your point and set me straight. SO far... ive found nothing except what if described above.

oh yeah... you posted again...i thought you weren't going to. Why is it everytime i post up something.. you reply with something to the effect of
    "shut up youve been owned"?

How about you own me then, and prove your point!!! post some proof and stop being a dumb little kid about it. If your right.....then prove me wrong and get it over with! Stop avoiding the point and just prove me wrong already.

Man if i had to compare your posts with someone famous and they way they speak.... id say you post just like George W Bush answers questions about the war and all that bullshit. you and the W both speak in circles while avoiding actually giving a solid answer and by changing the subject.

Maybe living in DC has caused you to speak like a dirty politician eh?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

people are uneducated on what real emo is, and thats the problem
    for example i heard someone call Coldplay emo the other day
    what the hell?...Coldplay is an amazing band and far from emo in anyway

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is emo?

ok...here we go again...

first..forest fire analogy... just becasue you lived thourhg 12 of them doesn't mean you know shit about them..how the wind effects them or anything...and 2...i never said the guy studing themn was in an office. how about being in a chooper with forest fire fighters... hmmm... maybe even with the ground teams trying to put one out....

studying something doesn't mean you are in an office. being academic doesn't maen being nerdy in an office ya know.

second... madpuks little history blurb,,,, you can read that in abook to find the answer. Aparently there are no books about music according to you. otherwise you would not be so erogant about your vast industry experience that means you know everything about every musical genre known to mankind. Let me gues next you will tell me im wrong in saying Beethoven isn't from Wien.

MadPunk.....since you are the master of punk/emo.... because you grew up in DC....where the hell did you find the time to go and become the electronic music master too... fuck you must have a time machine...otherwise how the hell do you have the time to have knowledge of the history of 2 VERY VERY HUGE musical revolutions of the last 25 years of so? Are you just trying to pull songs outta your ass to refute what i said about madonna becasue you dislike me and what i say?....or have you actually seen sales stats and play time stats from radio stations etc.? Becasue thats where my prof got his info.

"Safety Dance"??? come on dude.....we both know that that song was not a chart buster....at least pick a song that was well know to have been a hit instead of just one that was "popular for a moment"

Human leage isn't europian.... so i never said they were. so they had some songs...so they sold some recorRAB....i never said someone else didn't make a song before madonna....i never said she invented it.....she just busted the scene wide open...regarless of how much you like...or hate..madonna...thats what she did. I can't help it if 37 banRAB/artists/groups didn't get as much credit as you would like them too. They just didn't hit the market as hard as madonna did...she gets the medal for busting open the market and exposing the country as a whole...not just the cities...not just the circles of people already listening to other groups......but the WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but whatever....think whatever you want to. Its quite obvious at this point that no one can provide any evidence that madonna was beaten to the punch other than saying well what about this song...it was popular....what about this other song...it was popular too. News Flash....there is a difference between being a popular song...and being one that sets sales/media recorRAB fo its time and genre. EVen you guiys have to agree with me on that. If you look not too far back from today even...you will notice that techno music was barely heard on the radio/tv at all....just in the circles of people that frequent establishments that play it. Then a song or 2 bust out a big sales turnout and gets plastered all over the radio and tv. Before ya know it...its the new thing and all the record labels and promoters are trying to get there piece of the techno dollar that they were previously complacent about.

its a similar thing back then....history repeats itslef....someone back in the day was the first to hit big with blues....jazz....swing....big band...hell...even centry's ago the same shit happened under different circumstance when guys like Mozart and Beethoven spread there musical style all over. They weren't the first...but they became the first to become world famous in their style. Sure nowadays we have history about all kinRAB of composers...DeBussy, Stravinsky, Chopin, Brahms, Schubert, Scriabin...etc....some were not of the exact same style or even time period. But few were able to hit fame while others were simply popular.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information