v american football. what? sport that is not currently popular in either europe or america, but that is huge somewhere else in the world like india china or elsewhere, has the potential to become a major global sport?

when i look up sports results on yahoo or the BBC, i sometimes wonder whether all the "main" sports listed are truly reflected by their following worldwide, or whether there are any sports that are huge elsewhere, would be listed alongside the others, if only they had a presence in western sports media......or do you [if you are a well travelled sports fanatic] think that the sports listed in the main section do generally reflect their standing as the worlds most prestigious and numerically most followed sports?

i cant help thinking how many non-english speakers follow or even care about rugby of either code.
its curious that in spite of africans being famous for various sports and the chinese and even indians beginning to dominate some sports, that the arabs as a whole seem to be complete nonentities when it comes to international sport.
if only they could drag their minds away from bemoaning and lamenting their glorious past and blaming everything on the west...maybe they might produce a few champions sometime this century?