A few days ago, a guy my friends loosely know but I've never met added me on MSN & FaceBook. We started talking regularly over the 3 days, and I gave him my number. He started texting a lot, things like "miss talking to you beautiful, you are the most amazing girl in the world." I wasn't totally uncomfortable with it, as we'd flirted online, but I did find it odd considering we'd never met and hadn't talk for long at all. He knew I wouldn't have a chance to meet him for another month (I was leaving for the Holiday I'm now on) but he said he was okay with waiting. On the third day of this going on, I logged into FaceBook quickly before heading out with a friend. I had sent me several messages, and then started IMing me. I told him I couldn't stay at talk, as I was going out, and he didn't reply. When I returned that evening, I found he had removed me from his friends. I sent him a messaging asking if I had upset him, and he said his computer had messed up. I didn't hear from him for a week, and today he sent me a message saying his sister's lungs had collapsed and she was in hospital - explaining why he had been quiet.

What do I do now? Should I still meet him when I get back from the holiday? Did he sound weird to begin with? Is it even worth it? (He hasn't talked to me properly, just sent that one message)