Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

The English legal system is based on Common Law, which has no grounding in the Roman Veritas system, other than stealing a few basic terms and descriptions. The English legal system is actually a one-off in that sense, developed independently across the middle ages, with no foundations from previous empires.

Latin as a language is no longer the dominant language anywhere in the world other than the Vatican.

Damn, this actually makes it look like I'm learning something.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Sick of people telling you what to think ?
    Bored of people telling you whats good ?
    Had enough of people flaming you because you don`t think the same?

Well let it all out here , post any of your opinions that may be consdered 'against the grain' here , be controversial , be bold , don`t let people tell you your opinion is wrong. Stick to your guns & don`t be afraid to rustle a few feathers.

A few of mine that i`ve been shouted at about.....

Pet SounRAB is nowhere near the greatest album ever recorded , and apart from Good Vibrations & God Only Knows I have no time for the Beach Boys whatsoever.

Same goes for Sgt Pepper & the Beatles

Around 95% of Bob Dylan`s output is boring rubbish

Pink Floyd have not made anything worth listening to since 1977

Can were better than Pink Floyd anyway

Led Zeppelin are ok for a fun blues based c0ck rock band , but to suggest they`re one of the greatest banRAB ever is laughable.

The Fall have more talent & creativity than every single american punk band put together.

Nobody gave a crap about Elliot Smith & Jeff Buckley till they kicked the bucket

Note to American indie banRAB ...Ripping of The Cure , The Smiths , Joy Division , Echo & The Bunnymen & Gang Of Four does not make you 'alternative'

The current crop of British guitar banRAB ( FutureheaRAB , Razorlight , Libertines , Delays , Bloc Party , Art Brut , 20 20s ) are boring generic crap

Elton John has never contributed anything to music & that includes ****ing Tiny Dancer

Classic rock fans make me want to throw up , really we`ve heard for the last 30 to 40 years how great ledzepbeatlespinkfloydhendrixmorissonectectect are , we don`t really need to hear it AGAIN.

As does anyone who claims to be 'punk rock'

There is no excuse in the world for owning the Stereophonics last album

Billy Corgan should have retired in 1993

American music scene of the last 20 years ...grunge & emo , surely you can do better than that. And while your at it can you stop buying Pearl Jam albums , you just encourage them to make more.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

if you regard Latin at some point in your life instead of i don't know, arguing all the time.....you may find the distinguished similarities between it and many languages, many languages have derived from latin. In a similar way that "Chav" has derived from English.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Nah, I still think Bleach was the best, and in a distant second is Incesticide. Alot of the songs off In Utero are overplayed and stale.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

And after a brief lapse back onto the topic of music, we go back to this.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Hardly controversial , that could be any teenager in the world.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Wow , Raine`s had a sex change

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Everyone should boycott the 4 major record labels
    DJ Shadow should be a millionaire
    There are no original R & B groups left

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

Too busy nodding my head to the rhythm to notice

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*** Shock ... Horror ***

-The White Stripes are not based on music but rather affectation and posturing. Most of their albums includes an off-kilter shoice of a cover song as if to say..."Hey Critics look at what we did...hip isn't it?" Meg can't drum, so each song has a beat that can only be described as plodding and uninspired (she can sing a bit though). On top of that, Jack White writes juvenile nonsense for lyrics and can't sing a lick. His yelping is supposed to be very "Rock & Roll", but I get the feeling he tries to sing well and that's the best he can do. Even when he comes up with a decent guitar lick, it's always borrowed from a better band and coming in as too little too late.

-The Red Hot Chili Peppers are a good band, but Anthony Kiedis is one of the worst lyricists of the last 15 years.

- Interpol is better than Joy Division (JD produced souless, flat-sounding music, despite their supposedly harrowing lyrics)

-The Cure's music is fun to listen to, but Robert Smith's expressions of angst are so cartoonishly ham-handed and pretentious that none of their albums could ever be considered dark.

-As someone said before me, The Doors were supremely overrated. The tone of the organ they used was almost an instant relic, and they missed the fact that if psychedelia takes itself too seriously, it loses its charm. They were moronic wankers who had no business making a song that exceeded the 3 and a half minute mark. They produced a few great songs, but their larger body of work is the antithesis of timelessness. Their biggest accomplishment was inadvertently inspiring Iggy Pop to form The Stooges. Jim Morrison is like that friend you have, who makes you listen to/read his poetry, and while it's a steaming pile, you have to smile and nod or he'll throw a fit.

-Emo fans...you need to respect the banRAB of your predecessors. That'd probably be The Cure most directly (although the term was first applied to Rites Of Spring), but you've just gotta understand, The Smiths conveyed the emotions that your banRAB base their music upon better in one song than any emo band has even done even with its entire cannon corabined

-I watched a Radiohead concert on TV once, and it was really really boring.

-I don't mean this as a negative statement...but Pavement was the Napoleon Dynamite of rock music.

Ok...that's enough for now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information