I'm one of them. My parent's tell me to keep my hair curled and roll it up and oiled. How come white people and everyone else doesn't have to do that? I'm the only one that has to wear a swimming cap and everyone else didn't have to.

My younger half sister didn't have to because she has naturally has good, beautiful, curly hair. She's multiracial. She's white/Costa Rican on her mom's side (my stepmother) and black on our dad's side. I wish I was mixed race and had beautiful hair. My hair breaks off easily and my parents, are really strict about my hair My sister doesn't have to have a perm, but I do! Why?! It's not fair!!!!! I'm just plain old BLACK!!!! I HATE IT!!! People tells me to be black!!! I talk like I'm white.

My family tells me to stop complaining about everyone elses hair, especially my sister's! I'm beautiful the way I are. Being black is a wonderful thing! If I would just take care of my hair, oil it, curled or roll it up and wrap it more, I would be have problems with my hair! I use to have lone hair, shoulder length, but not it's really short, ear length. Are my family right?
Sorry about my spelling.