Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Brandon W

mazda wont pass emissions can someone please help a young teen out who

needs his car on the road? i have mazda and it needs to pass emissions it need something done to the abs break system also the oxygen sensor i was wondering if anyone could help me out willing to pay, anybody no anyone who has a garage that can do it...for me in sterling,VA...

Don E
    check and started replacing all your emission control devices

helpful bob
    Well a lot of times the ABS light will be on due to one of the 4 wheel sensors is dirty or slightly out of line.
    The o2 sensor is pretty straightforward to change you just need a special wrench and the sensor.
    Before getting any emissions tests performed you should always make sure that there has been a full oil change done.Plus book the test so you can drive it on the hwy for about 15 Min's before it's tested.Also be sure you have at least a 1/2 tank in the vehicle when it's being tested.
    Call around in your local area and try to find a family owned small town shop if possible bec their usually more fair and cheaper priced.
    The o2 sensor could cost you anywhere from 25.00 to 75.00 or more but again call around and try sticking with original parts if possible.
    All in all it not be too much to clean or adjust the ABS system.What I want to know is have you've had brake work done on it lately then the light suddenly came on afterwards? If so it's probably just oil or grease or dirt causing the problem.
    All in all it shouldn't cost you more then about 100.00 in parts tops and about 25.00 or less to install the o2 sensor and maybe another 40 to 60.00 or so to check and fix the ABS problem.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way if I lived by you I'd helped you out no problem bec I could do it or get a shop I know of to fix it cheap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information