Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Generation Gap in Rock Music Experience

Ciao all!

I am curious about different perspectives/ opinions about rock music across generations...

I have a gold mine of my peers who are willing to discuss such issues, but, I do not have any people that belong the older rock generation... those who experienced it closer to its debut on the music scene, who have seen the evolution of rock from something like the Rolling Stones to something like Franz Ferdinand or TV on the Radio...

So, in brief, I was wondering if there is anyone out there part of this generation willing to discuss how they feel about the evolution of rock music and how they experience it in the context of daily life...

Do you have the same listening patterns as they had originally? As your own life as changed, how have their listening patterns/ tastes change? Are you avowed rock fans for life? Has rock retained its syrabolic meaning for you and others? How has age and time, in your opinion, affected the rock music experience?

At the moment, this is just a bunch of random questions-- I'm mostly just going for a preliminary survey of what people think, so feel free to pick and choose questions to answer, or offer responses to questions that aren't there if you so choose...
    Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I grew up in the late 90's so i dont know much about rock other then Its been dying for quite some time now since the 70's its been on a downward spiral

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is something i've discussed with my father a few times. music is the main common bond we share. he was a performer from the 50s straight through into the 90s. he's seen a LOT of crap.

i can safely say he would laugh (a lot) at the idea of being a 'rock fan for life' and adhering to the banRAB he listened to when he was my age so many decades later. what sort of personal growth does it show if an individual adheres to their adolescent perspectives throughout their adult life?

he didn't like everything my sister and i listened to but i know he didn't mind the old school chili peppers and soundgarden discs that i had back in the day. he was glad i had found a way to get myself some 'good' music that wasn't just top40 pap. but it's not like he was a fan.

as for syrabolic meaning? no. rock music is about youth and rebellion, but not specifically your youth or your rebellion into adulthood.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information