Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

:love:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

I sincerely hope it's the reason she is now an ex-girlfriend.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

Okay. Whatever that means. LOL.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

I know that. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to music. I played in a few banRAB in my high school years, so I know all about fuzz pedals, wah wah boxes and the like.

What I'm saying is, I saw, with my own two eyes, the guy would play 3-4 notes, step on a few pedal, and it sounded like he was playing like greased lightning, when he was playing 3-4 notes, and letting the enhancement make it sound like he was doing way, way more. The 20,000 people at the Philadelphia Spectrum were going crazy, thnking this guy was the fastest guitarist on earth for the 45 minutes he was on stage. He did this with every single solo. He did very little actual guitar playing and let the electronics do all the work.

I know all guitartists use effects, but this guy's a fraud. You can explain it away any way you choose, but I know what I saw, live and in person.

Any on a funny note, those all 4 of those guitarists you mentioned? I don't care for any of them. LOLOLOLOL.

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

The main one I'd say would be Kid Rock, though Poison is pretty eraberrasing, I even laughed at that album when it was originally out and I can see making up excuses for msot of the oterhs, adding atwist of my own toa ocuple of 'em..

Celtic Frost - Admittedly this was also beore downloading and easy access to hearing thigns before buying, so natrually excpecting great things from a legendary band, one buys it and then goes 'eewwwww' and tosses it into the nearest lake.

U2 - depsite what all the U2 haters say, and even more at that time, a still fairly coompetent band, if one really liekd their earlier efforts they could have been hoping 'maybe they'll get it back, or.. maybe not'

Tigertailz, - well you wre yong and crazy (probably) too at the time

And PS: Motley Crue -did- make two decent albums in Shout at the Devil and Too Fast for Love but slid quickly downhill after Theater of (what a) Pain

bravo for being bold enough and forthright enough to do something like this!
    Respect you even more, now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

Kid Rock isn't that bad. Well, at least the Twisted Brown Trucker Band isn't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

I wondered that same thing. LOL.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

i really don't hate Kid Rock, so i voted for Poison. other than "Nuthin But a Good Time", the rest of their stuff i've heard is pretty meh

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

:rofl:
    ^That is me laughing at you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let`s All Laugh At Urban

You're thinking of a delay unit, reverb effects ain't nothing new either, it goes way back to the days of Dick Dale... The delay unit repeats certain notes in a programmed pattern... However, delay is rarely done using a pedal, they are often produced through delay units plugged into an amp... The Edge for example produces his effects by plugging his guitar into an A/B box that splits into two large delay units plugged into two different sets of amps by using equipment that he designed himself, it creates his trademark "echo" sound where he can create lush, complex guitar harmonies (both on stage and in the studio) by only playing a few notes... David Gilmour has used a similar technique a couple of times, as well as a few others

But i think you are just jumping to conclusions, i'm very sure Yngwie dosen't use reverb or delay effects, at least not most of the time, how can you say you know for sure what kind of pedal it was and what it's actual purpose is, all by just looking at it?... Most types of pedals look pretty much the same, but they can have various purposes, Yngwie dosen't hide what kind of equipment he uses on stage... He uses DOD 250 and DOD YJM308 overdrive pedals excessively, thats nothing his fans don't know, and it's more than likely that was the kind of pedal you saw him use... And like i said that kind of effect you discribed is rarely done on pedals anyway (though mine has a built in delay effect), most professional guitarists use standard delay units instead, if Yngwie wanted delay, then he would most likely use a unit instead of a pedal, because it's much easier than using a pedal... He may appear like he isn't playing many notes, but thats mainly because of his scalloped frets, which make his strings more touch sensitive, like those on a chapman stick, if you ever watched Tony Levin or other chapman stick players live, they also seem to be playing less notes than what they are actually producing, Levin dosen't even use pedals or units... Scalloped frets give players the appearance of playing less notes than what their instrument actually produces, Yngwie also uses a special downstroke/upstroke picking technique with his fingers, which may contribute to the illusion as well.

Check this out!

^ Yngwies stash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information