Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nirvana

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

that also looks like a 10+ year old picture :

but yeah, he's aged well. living on the road keeps you trim. working in an office does not.

Nirvana

I like Nirvana but sometimes I feel that their hardcore fans can be a bit too hardcore when it comes to talking about their music..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

I actually liked that version more than the Nevermind one (which is my least favorite track from that album).

But anyway. Aneurysm is a goddamn work of a genius, it's the best thing Kurt ever wrote.

Dive, Been a Son, Sliver and Stain are also great. Downer and Big Long Now are pretty good. The 3 cover songs are decent but they don't really sound suitable for Nirvana. They sound, dare I say it, Green Day-ish.

Aero Zeppelin is meh. And Beeswax, Mexican Seafood and Hairspray Queen. All I can say for those are just WTF.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

Nirvana appeared to a lot of people as just whiny cry babies, I don't blame you for thinking that.
    I remeraber when I just casually listened to them I always thought they needed to quit bitching. Then once I got more and mor einto them and watch more interveiws and read more books I came to realize they weren't the whiny babies the mass majority of people put them out to be.

Also, looking down upon music that doesn't cheer you up is very ignorant. The world isn't perfect and their are problems, Pop-Punk music today (which I generally think of as the stuff that makes you feel happy) makes people oblivious to what's really going on.

I'm not even going to get into you callign them Emo, all of have gotten out of your post is that you have no idea what you're talking about by calling Nirvana emo and their is no use in trying to get an argument with you that will just lead to more anger from me. But please, state your opinions and think what you want.

<3 love ya :]

Nirvana

I bet if he hadn't killed himself Nirvana would've broken up pretty quickly anyway. Obviously he was really unhappy with their career trajectory and basically without him there's no way the band would've continued on. I'm sure the Foo Fighters still would've been successful, though maybe not as much, and I bet Kurt Cobain would've pulled a Sly Stone and just retreated from the public eye. What I want to know is would Krist Novoselic still have dropped out of the music business?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

Still love Nirvana, but agree...sometimes their fans can be just a little bit TOO devoted.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

I love the album and I have the performence on DVD and it's very entertaining. I want to know what are your favourite songs from the album. Mine is and will always be Where did you sleep last night. Please let me know what yours is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

At times, I come across as somebody that hates Nirvana, but its not the band that I hate, its the other things that turn me off. There are the legions of Nirvana fans that worship cobain and preach his name every chance they get, there is the way songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit are almost ruined because of the constant aftertaste of MTV, terrible high school talent show covers, and of course the worship of the song itself, and then there was that one jock in my school that kicked me in the shins when I told him I didn't know who Kurt cobain was. I try to be strong and just listen to the music, but this kind of stuff brings you down and has delayed me getting past the bull and into the band itself for years now.

The band itself I recently started liking after giving In Utero an honest listen and my perception of the band was instantly changed. I agree with Satchmo that Nirvana is best listened to within its historical context. The band's and cobain's history and impact interest me more then music itself and make the listening experience much more interesting. I haven't really listened to anything else other then In Utero, I doubt whatever I hear will be better then In Utero, but I think its worth it to appreciate the impact of the music.

Really, its not the extreme cobain praise that bothers me as much anymore but more the ignorant hate. Although I'm not one to praise him as the guy that saved rock, I'll stand up for him because honestly, his heart seemed to be in the right place and I tend to view his suicide with more empathy then many others I've seen that have this "he was a selfish whiny jerk" attitude. I think people overall completely misunderstand Nirvana and Kurt cobain, fans and haters alike. Nirvana is always a nice reminder why its good that many of my favorite banRAB don't keep massive mainstream recognition because then I'm going to have to deal with people completely misinterpreting and misunderstanding the ideas of my favorite banRAB and the music itself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

Well I didn't have a mullet anymore by then, but I did have a rat tail.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nirvana

Okay,, well as u could probably tell by my username.. :S i admire, adore, worship and praise nirvana to an extreme. I don't know why I love them so much...i honestly cannot say. Smells Like Teen Spirit never really appealed to me and I was never sure why but I just preferred his other songs. When I found out Kurt hated Smells Like Teen Spirit because he felt it was fake I was pretty happy we shared something in common.

In regarRAB to his death..um well I don't know what to believe. There's a conspiracy he was murdered and there's even a couple of people who believe he's still alive ((as much as i REALLY REALLY REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!)) wished this was true,, i think that these people need t get over what happened. Murder or suicide, Kurt Cobain is definetely not still alive....

yeh i reckon Cobain was a very deep person...maybe with depression...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information