Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Which Influential Band Inspired The Worst Bands?

Grindcore really doesn't belong in that list. It (a) predates Metallica's debut album and (b) can be really, really good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i wasn't trying to gloat or something i included that to express that im not one of the typical drones whining about music they dont like or listen to anyways

deal with it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the exact thing I was about to post. I find it incredibly ironic that a band as interesting and creative as Mr. Bungle could have inspired so many crappy, uninteresting banRAB only interested in mimicking one tiny facet of their sound.

Another band with the same problem, and who was a big influence on mostly the same group of banRAB as Bungle, is Primus.

Of that lot Nirvana, mainly for the flock of rip-oRAB that flooded 90's and early 00's rock radio.Although the following are equally to blame for inspiring crap banRAB.
    The Stone Roses/Happy Mondays
    Husker Du
    The Strokes/The Libertines
    Van Halen
    Massive Attack

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put Jethro Tull on there because I figured they were a big inspiration to all the **** prog of the early 70's

VU are on there because they have become the ultimate namedrop for indie banRAB. VU are one of my favorite banRAB, but they inspired a lot of good AND bad

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Beach Boys. "Pet SounRAB" was alright the first time, I don't like the thousanRAB of banRAB trying to regurgitate it....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well shit, I was gonna post the same thing as both of you. But I'll just toss Faith No More into the same group...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd say iron Maiden. I can't imagine how much cheesy, middle of the road metal they spawned

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motley Crue is awesome. They're total badasses who make music that's fun, catchy and unpretentious. No one's gonna suddenly love Motley Crue just because I think they rule, but I'll defend them anyways:
    70s Aerosmith: Even I'll admit 70s Aerosmith is better than Motley Crue, even if I don't like it as much. 80s Motley Crue was way better than 80s Aerosmith and had more good songs that decade than Aerosmith did. On a side note, Motley Crue actually inspired 80s Aerosmith's best song, "Dude (Looks like a Lady)".
    Van Halen: Not really much better or worse than Motley Crue, even though 1984 is probably better than any Motley Crue album. The two are comparable because they're the two best banRAB making invariably unintelligent hard rock/heavy metal. Van Halen is more innovative and technical than Motley Crue, and they've produced more classic albums. However, Motley Crue has always had and still has a better look than Van Halen, and their better-known songs are generally more catchy, memorable, and exciting than Van Halen's are. On the downside, David Lee Roth and Vince Neil are both seemingly charismatic frontmen who suck at singing live.
    New York Dolls: Motley Crue is better at almost everything than the New York Dolls are, except maybe creativity in fashion. Motley Crue isn't bad in that department that either, though they actually owe a lot to the New York Dolls. Now you could say New York Dolls is a good in a punk sense in that they're crude and have lots of attitude, and that might be true, but Motley Crue is just as good by those standarRAB.
    Kiss: Besides the classic face-paint and the scene in The Decline of Western Civilization Part II where Paul Stanley's on the mattress surrounded by lingerie models, Kiss just plain sucks. Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood," "Shout at the Devil," "Wild Side," "Take Me to the Top," "Girls, Girls, Girls," "Kickstart my Heart," "Live Wire" and "Too Young to Fall in Love" are better than anything by Kiss besides "Detroit Rock City." 80s Kiss was worse than dozens of hair metal banRAB, and every 80s Kiss single was worse than every 80s Motley Crue single.

As I said there was probably no point in saying all that, and it's not pertinent to the thread topic, but this is the first time I've seen a bunch of people bringing up how they don't like Motley Crue (I haven't been here long though). I'm not shocked people here feel that way because most people with good taste in music don't like stuff that's stupid and ugly. I know Motley Crue won't win any converts here, and a couple years ago, I too considered myself above liking Motley Crue. But now I've explored the band's discography and I've read The Dirt, and I think Motley Crue is one of the most definitive rock banRAB ever and worth defending.

Oh yeah and Tommy Lee banged Heather Locklear, Bobbie Brown (the girl from the "Cherry Pie" music video), Pamela Anderson AND Carmen Electra back when they were hot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

EDIT: And for crying out loud ATDI is NOT emo!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information