Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 171 1231151101 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weekly Music Trading Post

I've been craving something new... I'll join in too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, via PM.

Manny, ill get some **** sorted tomorrow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

^ Yeah that's my point. It's easy to get into because it's nice and safe. Then you can move on to better, crazier Floyd

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait wait, I'm down.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't think you were lashing and even if you were, you have the right to like an album as much or as little I you want. It doesn't bother me at all.

I haven't listened to the album you sent me yet but it's on my ipod so I will very soon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

so picky, man. fine i sent you a pm

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wanna do another one, too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to Dr.Seussicide for not having my review-up. I've been busy lately with non-internet related stuff... it happens. I'll have it in by tonight and of course I'm in for next round.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i already submitted to FaSho

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Halloween themed trade from NuraberNineDream....

Horror Hop

this is a 31 track compilation of 50/60s rock-a-billy/surf horror themed tunes

first off i had not heard one of these songs before....and honestly i had only heard of a couple of the artist and those were also on compilations....which just made this comp a bit better....right away i was expect the regular slew of "monster mash" type songs.....and i must say out of the 31 tracks only one song reserable that classic and it really barely reserabled it

first thing i did was load this onto the ipod and go for a nice fall evening bike ride....and this was perfect listening material....fun, upbeat, and at times hilariously creepy!....this is a perfect Halloween compilation....i have already shared this with some of my best frienRAB to enhance their holiday

the first track (Bo Diddle in the Jungle) opens with what sounRAB like a dolphin getting clubbed to death....and the entire comp just takes of from there!...i'm going to write short little reviews for my favorite and most stand out tracks....but i must say this entire album is wonderful and just tons of twisting fun! (the polar oppisite of what i sent NuraberNineDream )

Big Bee Kornegay - House Of Frankenstein - i swear if in Back To The Future is was the "Creature in the haunted House" dance this would be the song playing....straight up rockin' tune with what i would describe as "Louie Armstrong" style vocals....top tappin'...girl swingin' romp about everyone favorite mad scientist

Lee Ross - The Mummy's Braclet - creepy heavy bass lines...story song about a thief who stole the mummy's bracelet and gave it to his girl....and now she has a a mummy bellowing "GIVE ME MY BRACELET BACK!"....and when he catches up with the mummy turnbs her to stone and the thief gets taken to the nut-house!

Lou Chaney - Monsters Holiday - this is the one song on the comp that sounRAB similar to 'Monster Mash'....and check out this plot.....its Christmas and the monsters are bored so they decide to rip off Santa and ruin Christmas...sound a little familiar....anyways Santa stops them and gives them all gifts and they all twist ...the werewold finally gets that electric shavers he's been wanting

Ben Colder - Shudders and Screams - a great old country style tale about finding out that the house you used to live in is now occupied by the craziest of all monsters...including , Frankenstein, Igor, Drac...some really hilarious sound effects in this song!

The Savoys - The Mortal Monster Man - this one is just awsome and might be my favorite track on the entire comp....great guitar work...50s style with a little bit of psychedelic sound....and about being a monster who creeps all the kiRAB out but loves it

Bobby Bare - Vampira - i had always thought that only The Misfits wrote an ode to the ole mistress of the dead....this song is just great and seriously sounRAB like it belongs right on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack

Tarantula Goul - Graveyard Rock - as the name eludes to thios is pretty much a rip off of of the Elvis classic....but whats great about it is it opens with a sultry voice that says "tired of living? want to die? well heres a real good reason why!"....why? so you can fucking party!!!!!...this song is just great

Pasquale & The Lunar Tiks - Moon Madness - and that is exactly what this is....just 2 minutes of crazy tribal drumming and people wailing and howling and other insane noises

Sonny Day - Crature from Outer Space - 9 foot tall hairy monster from space here to attack earth?....no! he's here to fix your car!....this is interesting due to the fact that they use some great guitar tracks....like the stuff the Sonic Youth have famous...but here it's just making creepy "space" sounRAB....cool romp

tons of fun....while writing this review i download the second album called 'Monsters Bop'....look forward to listening to both of these more.....great trade NuraberNineDream!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information