Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 590 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5900

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

Better than The Book About. Drags on a bit in the middle but the first and last few tracks are all tremendous. Vocals are few and far between but they're inserted masterfully, especially in "After Image".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

Oh my goodness. The memories I have associated with that album. Replace bong hit with some X, replace the "laying back" with erotic sex, and there you have it. : I played that album to death, eventually wearing my self out on it and never listened to any of their other albums. It's kind of out of character for me to like something like this (aside from the Skinny Puppy connection), but somehow it worked. It worked really well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

After having it for quite a while, I've recently fallen in love with Boris' Flood. Up until a few days ago I had been listening to it nightly, actually.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

Great Cave In record (Until Your Heart Stops) and I like Beyond Hypothermia tool. I liked Antenna when I first got it but I played it again within the past year and I really didn't like it much. Just too much like radio hard rock. A bit like Filter at times. There's much worse music out there, no doubt, but it doesn't really do much for me. I never heard Jupiter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

It's a shame eh. Rhythm and Stealth there is fast becoming one of my all-time favourites, and you're definitely right that they had so much potential. In a way though it's kinda good they quit while they were ahead of the pack - fortunately they weren't around long enough to tarnish their rep like Massive Attack did (for example).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

This sounRAB good. And coincidentally, someone on another forum I frequent JUST made a thread about Baths with the following video which also sounRAB good.

[YOUTUBE]5cKArf52l2k[/YOUTUBE]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

[YOUTUBE]6e5QcHkL9bc[/YOUTUBE]

Checked out The Big Echo, but I just love this album so much more. Not to say that The Big Echo isn't a good album, because it surely is, but this just really hits the proverbial spot

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

I assume you're talking about the new AC? Ummm, kinda where SJ left off. Musically its mostly samples. The vocals are what have me the most excited. It seems like more of a team effort between Avey and Panda. There's LOTS of harmonizing which I didn't find to be too prominent in SJ. And Panda is on every song I've heard except one I think. Which is awesome because he's awesome. There's a lot of live mp3's on the Collected Animals board and also some videos on youtube. Songs include: Brother Sport, House (aka Material Things), Grace (my favorite, basically a 3 part song), Song for Ariel, Am I Real? Bearhug. It's gonna be amazing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

Aight.

Many Mansions - Return to Source
    Upbeat, interesting, and with a world-sound twist to it that makes it well worth a listen. Sort of like if Animal Collective and Ladysmith Black Marabazo had a baby....trippy visuals and all.

El Guincho - Alegranza!
    Similarly world-music sounding, but with more obvious tropical and afrobeat influences. I just found out this is only one dude, and I'm pretty impressed by that. This record easily sounRAB like a whole band did it. I think come spring time, this will be my favorite "lay in the grass and enjoy the sunshine" record. :>

EDIT: Haw haw I'm such a noob that I can't post pictures. Womp. Oh well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albums You're Digging II

classic 60s pop. I've loved this album on and off for a year and a half and it just sounRAB fresh and nice to me now.

favorite track

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information