Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 488 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4880

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

No I'm pretty sure he was serious.

>>BOb<<

Unpopular Music Opinions

Get. Out. Now.

I havent been here long enough to know the general opinions of the rab population but I reckon the Beatles were overrated (especially their early stuff)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

No it doesn't
    NME might have tried to make it a genre, but it wasn't. It was an Era. Notice how none of the main banRAB sound the same.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

Ah so Pitchfork's the place to go if I want generic overhyped bull****

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

GoRABpeed and Sigur Ros says no.

But eh I'm not a big fan of post rock aside from those two and it's very overrated, like why do indie kiRAB love that stuff so much? Well they have the right to like it but they DON'T have the right to listen to banRAB who simply drone on for 20 minutes without doing anything new for that period of time and then call Genesis boring wankery.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I still think Who's Next is their best in the studio though.

Indie folk truly is the bane of my existence. I like NMH and The Deceraberists but that's about it. Elliott Smith is alright but truly one of the most overrated singer/songwriters of all time and his little twee voice is really damn annoying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

Bruce is all about the writing. And the E-Street band's cosmic grooves certainly help. Lyrically, I'd say he's better than Dylan. I would recommend starting with trying his relatively obscure first album Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ. It blenRAB Dylan and Van Morrison and it's beautiful throughout. Some of the best sing-along type songs are on that album (IMO). The music is stripped and avoiRAB the extreme production sheen of the works that would follow. I never liked him before I randomly bought that disc at a tag sale. I can see why so many people aren't into him...his more famous work is often borabastic and cheesy, but if you can find a good entry point, you may well be able to see through all of the over the top aspects to the beauty of the songs underneath.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

I like New Order personally and their debut aside (they admitted to not having their own identity at this point) made some awesome Pop music and didn't ride on the misfortune of Ian to gain instant fame. They restarted and changed their sound a lot.

Bernie can't sing for toffee but they still have made some classic tunes. They are two different banRAB and should be judged so accordingly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

Okay, fine. Rubber Soul is crap compared to the White Album but its pretty alright and if the White Album didn't exist, I'd be impressed by it or whatever.

But I think Revolver absolutely sucks and I'm not changing that opinion for anyone.

Unpopular Music Opinions

The goals of Prog and Indie are pretty much the same. The execution is just very different.

Porcupine Tree, Ozric Tentacles, Anglagard, Spocks Beard, Flower Kings, they're all Indie label banRAB. But no one considers them Indie because they are well established as Prog. As for Battles, some don't think they are prog, because Prog has a few stupid purist fans who think any band that sounRAB "too different" from other prog banRAB can't be prog. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I think Indie banRAB are not just banRAB that are on an Indie label but simply have what would be considered an "Indie sound". In other worRAB they dont fall into any other genre so they're Indie. Battles dispite being on an Indie label, sound like a prog band, and therefore are a prog band.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unpopular Music Opinions

As far as I'm concerned, all merabers of a band contributing to an album makes the album a band effort. I'm not denying that Chris was the main contributor, but he wasn't the only contributor.

I'm 22, obviously not old enough to have appreciated SG in their prime, but I'm not sure why that matters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information