Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

I concur.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

Music means different things to differnet people. I consider music to be creative. I don't feel that Gangsta Rap is creative.

and Opera generally involves a pit orchestra.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

My opinion is that he's right on with most of that. I'd agree with all of it except I need this cleared up. There seems to be a contradiction in that

You want technicallity over flair

yeah you'll take a pop hook over some avant garde peice.

That seems to cancel each other out in my mind.

But as for hatemonger. Are you ****ting me? Zeppelin to gangsta rap? It really is how awesome they am because they kill people and have emotionless sex with woman who are addressed in durogatory slang.

Gangsta rap is mostly who can out "man" each other and its for drunk people who want to try to **** women at clubs. And the fact thats its marketed to children who are corrupted by it (I work with kiRAB) makes it less credible than ever before.

I really can't believe you made the comparison, or even insinuated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

I don`t find a lot of banRAB you rave about to be creative but I don`t say that they`re not a valid form of music.

I`ve seen opera done just as a solo act with no music before on a nuraber of occasions & i`m not even a fan of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

Read it again , I never said it did.

I was suggesting that if gangsta rap is what he says " is not music. It usually consist of a petty thug recounting his "crimes" and sexual exploits over a simple boom-chik drum beat" Then the same arguement can be used against any music.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

Songs without drums wouldn't qualify, so no it can't. And furthermore, You rely on the technicality of arguments to bail you out, I think you know damn well theres a massive diffrence between the two.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

All together I play about 5 different instruments, most of them quite well, but Ive been playing guitar actively for 20 years and I don't mind saying that I'm very very good. I also create hip hop beats. All I can say is that there is no more talent required to create music with a conventional instrument than is required to produce a "beat" on a sequencer. They are different creative processes each with their own challenges. sure there are easier and more difficult ways to go about doing both, but producing beats can be EXTREMELY tedious work, and if you pay attention to some of the beats in "Gangsta' rap" its not all "boom chick" drum beats. There's definitely a lot of complexity involved in many contemporary beats. Believe what you will, Its music, It requires talent, and hip hop and gangsta' rap aren't going anywhere anytime soon so enjoy!

I like What's at Stake (a Slapshot cover) by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Its hardcore not metal, but lets not split hairs here. No, not a lick of ska in the song and its heavier than a lead vagina.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

*gigles*....you said vagina......hihihhi....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is important

I can honestly say these are the only two points that I disagree with you on. I think horns can work beautifully with metal, and would like to see them utilized more often.
    And although It would be an understatement to say that I'm not the biggest gangsta rap fan, saying that gangsta rap is not music and consists of a petty thug recounting is "crimes" and sexual exploits over a simple boom-chik drum beat is on the level with saying that emo is not music just a bunch of pansy boys with tight pants and eyeliner whining about how much they're heartbroken and want to cut themselves.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information