Im looking to buy a car off a friend that he traded for, he bought a BMW and traded for a 2000 audi a4 1.8t it has several aftermarket things done to it suspension wheels other things here and there.. Very nice looking. He said it has had all the problem work done that occur with these cars, timing belt etc. The transmission was either replaced or rebuilt only 4000 miles ago but still has the stock engine no rebuild etc.. with 150k miles on it. I have an older camaro right now, and its starting to have many probs has 44k miles on it but not only the probs i need a larger car, and one that gets better gas milage. My friend live about 700 miles from me but we grew up together he says he has all the records to everything that was done to it, he said hed sell it to me for $2100 but i need a reliable car that isnt gonna cost too awful much to work on for a few years.. i expect your normal work with a 150k mile audi but it seems from what hes telling me its had alot of the major things done already to it and says the exterior is 10/10 and interior is 9/10 only because of a tear in the leather seat. from what i can tell from pics i kinda agree. Im broke and will have to finance this 2100 to get it but do you think its a good buy.. and something that could be reliable for atleast another year maybe 2.. until i can pay it off? 2100 not much.... my friend says the guy that owned it before him owns his own mechanic shop specializes in european cars and did the work himself.. but im afraid to buy it because he is one that slightly stretches the truth to make things look and sound better than what they really are and thats alot of miles.. but again idk ive never owned a car with over 100k so ive never experienced this.. sorry for the novel. but i figured id give detail as much as i know so you can answer this to the best of your knowledge.. you all are prob thinking 2100 is a steal for any car, but like i said im broke and living on a limited budget with trouble finding work and a growing family i need a larger car or id fix and keep the camaro... Thanks so much and sorry for seeming dumb.. =/