Hi People, I hope you can advise cos im just confused with the internet dating stuff.
I met a guy on the internet about 3 months ago. We have emailed and texted, always initiated by him and he always responds to me really quick. I think he really likes our communication. After the first month of emails I gave my phone number but he stalled and wanted to stay emailing for a while cos he said he had some bad dates, and so i tried to give him the option of ending it but he did not want this. He has phoned me once and thats been it. I have hinted since i would like to speak on the phone, which he said he would like to do then didnt mention it again. He seems to really want to meet me and has wanted to for a while. I guess this has been my fault but i had a bad experience with a date and it knocked my confidence. Also he says hes quite shy, he didnt sound that way on the phone.However I have very recently seen that he is daily on a dating site trawling it by the looks of things. He had seemed so into us in his emails that i was surprised- naive i know. So i blanked his texts for several days which i did not like doing but i thought he would back off. But he didnt. So i asked him outright by txt if he was in contact with many other people and he txted no. I dont believe him because i think he sent the wrong text to me which instigated me backing off. He wants to meet me but i dont see the point if he is lying to me or looking for other women. Im not feeling good about this anymore but can seem to let go of it. Constructive advice appreciated! thanks.
7- Blimey, youre stalking remark is a bit of an overeaction isnt it? Hes going online on a dating flirt site for all to see. It would have just been nice for him not to have turned into another predictable disappointment thats all.
Hi Babehart- I guess i'm trying to assess whether this guy is worth meeting so i dont have to go through the stress of meeting someone who is gonna be a waste of time anyway. Im the one therefore reluctant to meet and he is the one reluctant to phone. I just know with someone i previously really liked he did not do trawling dating sites and phoned every night. I cant help comparing.