I have been considering getting a dog. I have always definitely been a cat person, but I like certain dogs too. I was hoping to get advice on what kind of dog breed I should get and other general advice for taking care of and training a dog as I have only had cats my whole life. I am aware that getting a dog is a huge commitment and no I am not going to go running out getting one on an uninformed whim; I just wanted to start thinking about it.

Preferences: I want a fluffy dog with pointy ears of a medium to large size. I don't like a lot of black on a dog. I want a dog that is easy to train and would enjoy being outside / jogging but could be kept indoors most the time. I want a dog that will be affectionate and more devoted to one person rather than everyone. Getting along with cats is a MUST as well as being easy for a first time owner to deal with / train. (I don't know if this changes for each breed or not)

Examples of kinds of dogs I know I like the look and size of are German Shepherds, Sheltie's (a little on the small side), and especially siberian huskies. I know a lot of people will suggest labs, but I do not want a lab.

Any dog advice would be helpful. Thank you!
I do have my cats trained ^_^ And . . . Does a sheltie count as a cattle dog or sheep dog? Because I don't know. Lol. And don't shelter dogs have behavioural issues?