Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NIN aren't very good on the whole

Tool is a curious taste. Some people's minRAB just identify with what they're doing in the music (in particular, the method of gradually building energy in a song up to a peak, and the continuously delayed, though ultimately satisfying release in the ensuing climax...Jesus Christ, sounRAB like I'm describing something else here...). Some identify with it. To others it's just meaningless, superfluous and boring. That'll be the main factor in separating the Tool fanbwoi from the hata.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love Downward Spiral.

I really dig NIN but I can certainly understand the dislike for them.

You just signed your death warrant buddy. That kind of crap doesn't fly here, Urban is one mod you want need to mess with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Same. I was around when Pretty Hate Machine was released and it helped me get into industrial and electronic stuff. Broken is still my favorite release, but I dig The Downward Spiral as well. The Fragile didn't appeal to me much at first, but the last time revisited it, I thought it was pretty damn good. With_Teeth and Year Zero are definitely a bit meh partly because the angst is gone and also because the sound isn't fresh anymore. I'm still (slowly) digesting Ghosts and The Slip but I think both are more solid than With_Teeth and Year Zero. I don't know...I can see people not digging them especially if they're younger and weren't around in the beginning. The first material they heard may be the "clean" NIN, and then the older and better stuff may sound too dated for them. Or maybe they just don't like the style, no problem. But for some reason, even though the stuff post-Downward Spiral has been weaker, I've still purchased each release brand new on release day. Even the two that were given out free as downloaRAB. That may stop soon, who knows. I guess they were just a favorite in high school and I still have respect, even though they're no longer a favorite.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information