Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    El Jefe

For the Ducati fans?

Ok, so I've worked at Ducati shops and been around the whole Ducati scene. So, why are Ducati fans and riders so uppity about ducati? The bikes are overpriced, underpowered for the price, they leak oil, they require maintenance every time you twist the throttle, and they don't last over time. I've ridden them all...so don't tell me I don't understand because I've never been on one. The only thing good to be said for them is that they generally handle great.

chuckv71
    A question like this will generate a lot of different opinions, but i believe the main reason for the high level of pride among ducati enthusiasts comes directly from their racing record. Take a few minutes to look at www.worldsbk.com in the archives section to see just how dominant ducati has been over the last 20 years. Many different factors can be attributed to their success, not just the make alone. You certainly have to consider rider talent and team performance, but wins are wins, and with a record like theirs, that certainly entitles them to some bragging rights. They have won 15 out of 20 manufacturers championships, they have over twice the amount of poles, wins and podium finishes than any other make, (that's putting it mildy--most categories are closer to 3 or 4 times the amount) To say they have been dominant, in my opinion, is an understatement---they have owned it. Thus, ducati owners don't really seem to mind paying a little more, or putting up with a more extensive maintenance schedule, they are riding the bike that has kicked superbike butt for the last 20 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information